Frank's spoilerless MGSv impressions
03-11-2014, 09:46 AM
RE: Frank's spoilerless MGSv impressions
on hard every enemie sense are razor sharp
the difference between normal and hard at 1st is not noticeable but the enemies are in more places, also they tend to change their patrols randomly and they are always in groups of 2, also is nice to see the return of MGS2 clearing... I just beated the main mission on hard... ranking B with 6 continues... is just... well hard... not as excessive as European extreme but ammo is so rare that any alert is a literal game over... even if you hide on a sewer they just trow grenades in there until you die...

[Image: banner.jpg]
03-11-2014, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 09:50 AM by hellrasinbrasin.)
...The Sentry's have learned their lesson after Metal Gear Solid 1 - 4 it seems.
03-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Good to hear. Atleast DS2 will be able to hold me over for the next few days.

Just think... an actual stealth game. How novel

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
03-11-2014, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 11:17 AM by THEND.)
Bullet-time:

effective tool, uber-mechanic for noobs, or necessary evil? also, what if any items are in the game for guard spotting or is it all map marking?
03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Glad to hear there isn't any performance issues on the ps3 aside from custom music hiccups. I was afraid it would suffer frame rate issues during intense situations.
03-11-2014, 02:54 PM
no actually Im pretty impressed got an alert and i got 20 soldier shooting at me, an armored vehicle and a jeep full of troops deployed and the game never droped from 30fps, during cutscenes you can feel it goes at 20 at some points, there's even some frame skipping on the part where skull face meets his troops at the heliport... but those slow downs where experienced on the cutscenes... gameplay is pretty smooth

also hunting down XOF patches..
[Image: 10001540_721909371187118_1800059530_n.jpg]
this is wat i did... ester hunting its impossible in hard... at least for me... so it took me almost 5 hours but I interrogated every single troop in the base then executed them because when you get an alert... all the base is hunting you... so at the point you have to extract Paz, almost everyone is dead... also I left all the prisioners hidden in a cave just to extract everyone at the same time... even some troops where looking for them so I had to open randon fire to get all the atention to me, so they let my POW in peace... pretty intensive, and it was in normal... Im not hardcore enough for easter hunting in hard... hell even a normal mission in hard is 6-7 continues for me... and on easter hunting the checkpoints are a bless since all your ID tags and items are there... checkpoints are based on the area you are entering... I finally confirmed that only 3 XOF badges are on ground zeroes... I'll try in hard to see if they appear again but i doubt it...

03-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Sounds pretty good to me. Do we know how many XOF patches need to be collected in order to unlock the Deja Vu mission?
03-11-2014, 03:13 PM
9 XOF patches are needed...
also chico's tapes.. specially the 4th one.. the most depressing stuff you'll ever hear on the MGS cannon...

03-11-2014, 03:42 PM
What did you think of the ending? How did it make you feel? Do you think it was an effective ending in setting up Phantom Pain?
03-11-2014, 03:59 PM
So you think it's worth it to buy? I'm still on the fence. Is the gameplay fun? That's the most important thing to me. I guess I'd like you to compare it to MGS4, since I was disappointed in that game. Which of the past games would you compare the gameplay to the most? I'm trying to figure out if I'll regret buying it or not if I do end up buying it.
03-11-2014, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 04:26 PM by FRANKASTER.)
(03-11-2014 03:59 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  So you think it's worth it to buy? I'm still on the fence. Is the gameplay fun? That's the most important thing to me. I guess I'd like you to compare it to MGS4, since I was disappointed in that game. Which of the past games would you compare the gameplay to the most? I'm trying to figure out if I'll regret buying it or not if I do end up buying it.

if you can get it for less than... 20 bucks is a nice deal.. it packs more gameplay than MGS4, forget about cutscenes because they're just 25 minutes of story gameplay and 15 of them is the PAX trailer... so, also the ending is kind of meh... (for me only people that got attached to motherbase for some reason felt sad) also the only gruesome scene is that from e3 and u can skip it...
also each mission is self contained if you unlock something on one mission you can use it next time you play again... but you can't use it in other missions... but avoiding alerts is the coolest thing... imagine MGS3 grozni gard without loading between areas, triple or double the size... is a shame the buildings doesn't have interiors except for that scene.. and the kojima cameo is so narcissistic you can't help yourself but love it..

also you can PAUSE using the select button on ps3... using start launches idroid and game continues
also other thing I loved and forgot to say... DEAD ENEMIES remain in their places... bodies don't disrepair...

03-11-2014, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 06:02 PM by punishedcake.)
I have a serious attachment to Mother Base. Knowing what happens to it is kinda sad. I think I'm averaging about level 90 across various departments playing PW now and again. Haven't killed a single soldier in my playthrough but if Big Boss goes completely to the dark side I am mowing down enemies in PP.
03-13-2014, 06:34 PM
i seriously wish there was a PC version already. I'm pretty much feeling like I'm done with consoles overall. I still have my ps2 but I've already told myself after ps3 I'm done.
03-13-2014, 06:40 PM
My master race friend said something about Kojima talking about releasing the game on PC is that true?
03-13-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2014 06:53 PM by THEND.)
(03-13-2014 06:40 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  My master race friend said something about Kojima talking about releasing the game on PC is that true?

kojima wants it after current gen/next gen titles are released. Nothing's official. It'd be a wasted opportunity though.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)