Frank's spoilerless MGSv impressions
03-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Frank's spoilerless MGSv impressions
1st thing I did booting the game for the 1st time... I have priorities...

anyways... here are my 1st impressions of the game since finishing up the main campaign and doing the TGS thing...

A: best sneaking experience ever...
B: still hate 3d camera close to walls
C: snake moves more naturally
D: We don't need to buy a next gen system (yet)
E: Enviorement is huge the size of grozny gard and the exterior parts of shadow moses
F: you'll be glad for the marking system

also the button layout is hard to get used at 1st
L2: Codec... yup but is more contextual and it feels so natural
R2: Binos amazed how you no longer have to equip them and they're now natural part of the control, replaces 1st person view and while holding the bino button you can use the directional pad for zoom
select: pause/options
start: iDroid
L3: sprint/run
R3: zoom
directional pad: item/weapon selection hold the key and using the analog stick to change item within the category

the only part I don't liked is that due limited PS3 hardwere the game experiences Lag when the music changes track or repeats, specially on the helicopter... (can be annoying while sneaking you might accidently trigger alert) will do further testing but besides that I was impressed with GTAv but even when this is a infinite smaller area the controls felt so dam good

also this game has a good ost, so good I won't even use the custom sound track... ironic isn't it... metal gears with good music can use custom music (mgs1/3 vita and MGSvgz) and the one who suck (MPO,MPW,MGS4) give you the illusion of choice... but you're are stuck in the tappyless hell hole

here's the my 1st ever score in the game...
[Image: 10006598_721459837898738_1686217167_n.jpg]

[Image: banner.jpg]
03-10-2014, 08:34 PM
RE: Frank's spoilerless MGSv impressions
without saying anything....are you really looking forward to TPP now?
03-10-2014, 09:01 PM
yup... is a very "deep" experience... a real sequel to MGS3 also you can only carry limited weapons like mpw... gone are the pocket arsenals

03-11-2014, 01:03 AM
(03-10-2014 07:19 PM)FRANKASTER Wrote:  D: We don't need to buy a next gen system (yet)

(03-10-2014 07:19 PM)FRANKASTER Wrote:  the only part I don't liked is that due limited PS3 hardwere
03-11-2014, 01:44 AM
Wait, where can you use the custom tracks apart from the chopper?

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
03-11-2014, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 04:30 AM by Tanooki.)
You can use them on the walkman. I have to know though where and how did you get a copy of the game this early? I'm assuming you don't live in the UAE.
03-11-2014, 04:31 AM
i can't speak for him, but the PS3 version has leaked online. It's only ~2GB. You do need custom firmware on your PS3 though.

If I had the time this week, I would totally do this. As luck would have it, I'll be free by the time Amazon ships my copy so, well, no need for any of this.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-11-2014, 04:42 AM
Ahhh I see it. I knew this game was short but only 2GB? Really tempting to get cfw on my ps3 for this but I'm not sure if its worth the risk.
03-11-2014, 05:47 AM
(03-11-2014 04:42 AM)Tanooki Wrote:  Ahhh I see it. I knew this game was short but only 2GB? Really tempting to get cfw on my ps3 for this but I'm not sure if its worth the risk.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same here. Is it difficult/risky?

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
03-11-2014, 06:27 AM
well getting a CFW capable ps3 is like finding the holy grial...
literally you need to find a ps3 that didn't get upgraded its firmware since late 2008 (mine was quite a story) even an asshole from the store stole the hard drive since them that's why the store only used for display until they put it at sale for 99 USD and the thing was literally new all I have to do is bought a 700GB drive and install the cfw files...

the other method is getting an overpriced cobra usb or e3 mod chip, but you have to use a fat or 1st gen ps3 slim I dunno the details... still I don't support or condone piracy (I'll buy japanese limited edition as always) but having a open system allows you to get 3d models, mess around with the files and backing up your games in the drive... kinda like digital but without DRM..

also NEVER LOG TO PSN on a cfw....

now I said that ps4 is unnecessary for now since the ps3 can pull off the game nicely but the only problem due ps3 limited ram and some wierd cell processor unlike xbax 360 is rare to find a game with custom music unless it is rockband or wipeout... you only face severe lag (depending where you are and how many enemies are close to you) when the track loops or change... you won't be using it the custom tracks.. maybe only on the helicopter since the lag is minimal because you'll use it on remote places of the base (only a jackass will summon the helicopter on the middle of the base... it will get shoot down in 10 seconds)

03-11-2014, 06:35 AM
Think I'll just wait a week in that case lol. Sounds good, can't wait.

Not like it really matters but I wonder how the (paid) reviews will go for this game

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
03-11-2014, 08:17 AM
I have been searching and I only found 3 from 9 xof patches so far... asking every soldier is kinda a waste since everything you get is "there's ammo somewhere"...

the clear advange of the ps4 version is the draw distance... at least for finding stuff and enemies far away... but using the binos compensates for that

03-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Hows the weapon selection? Is there a variety of moves with the CQC

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
03-11-2014, 08:31 AM
I made a new account just to ask..

How did the ending (whatever it is) make you feel? Is it fricking AWESOME AS SHIT and does it make you want to break in to the Konami offices to play Phantom Pain? Smile
03-11-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm planning a straight record of the PS4 version with capture card for review purposes and maybe to get a hold of the cinema scenes and stuff for future videos. So in the end we'll be able to get a pretty full all-around look at the game on at least the PS3 and PS4 for the site.

I guess the main question after seeing your A Rank, is it intensely difficult as Kojima said to get through the missions using stealth? Would you rank the difficulty of stealth or sneaking on a level of say MGS1 (Moderate - Difficult) or MGS4 (Easy - Intermediate)? All we've heard about is how soldiers won't follow correct paths, etc. Does this switch up the feel or the gameplay at all?

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)