For those who bought and didn't bought the game...
03-23-2014, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2014 02:16 AM by Mexican Sting.)
RE: For those who bought and didn't bought the game...
Did everyone just fucking forget about Guyver 2?

Anyways, I bought it because Kojima san really hasn't let me down yet (4 came close to that, though, story-wise), and I try to play all of his games. I was really excited to see how he was going to handle the narrative (I was a little disappointed; I was kind of hoping that the entire game from beginning to end would be one seamless shot, but that's a minor gripe), and of course the gameplay.

I'm a poster on a Metal Gear fansite forum, how the fuck would I ever not buy this? And for 20 bucks on POS3? C'mon.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
03-23-2014, 04:25 AM
Yeah I guess if I was actually impressed with the latest games I would have more enthusiasm, but would probably still wait for a price drop. The word "prologue" should be plastered all over this though, for the uninformed offline consumers.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
03-23-2014, 01:48 PM
My second reason is, I just really want the full experience from start to finish, I don't want to wait months after completing Ground Zeroes for the real deal.

I want to rescue Chico and Paz and then get into fucking building my African Base, rescuing Kaz, MGO and all that shit.

I want the full package, it should be glorious!

The Times Wrote:
Punished Shinobi
A Member who lost his Past
[Image: 2r77bkm.jpg]
03-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Hey now, Big Boss has to be comatose for nine years, you can't just wait a year?

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-23-2014, 09:55 PM
(03-23-2014 02:13 AM)Mexican Sting Wrote:  Did everyone just fucking forget about Guyver 2?

Yeah but Hayter hasn't worked much as an actor since the mid-90s. He was in a bunch of other stuff too, i'm still pissed "Burn" never got released after Hayter put so much of his own money into it as producer.

However i'm pretty sure I've heard him jokingly refer to himself in so many words as a failed actor and that prior to Bryan Singer (who he worked with on Burn) getting him to write X-Men he figured he was never going to find work again. Since then besides a few voice over gigs he's mostly done behind the camera stuff

Whereas to my knowledge Sutherland has been consistently working and a recognizable mainstream actor since the early 80s or something.
03-24-2014, 05:27 AM
(03-23-2014 05:55 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Hey now, Big Boss has to be comatose for nine years, you can't just wait a year?

[Image: grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png]

The Times Wrote:
Punished Shinobi
A Member who lost his Past
[Image: 2r77bkm.jpg]
03-24-2014, 07:48 AM
I didn't bought it for PS3 because of piracy... anyways this thing is just like MGS2 tanker only that the story abruptly ends when de Russian choppers arrive and jump cuts to black... but it comes with some snake tales as compensation... maybe only the last-gen digital price seems reasonable for all the sandboxy game-play
I just bought the play arts GZ snake and it comes with a PS4 copy of the game.. so I take it as a demo came with an action figure... Like my old Independence day Toys (back from 199x?) that came with a floppy disk with some games... when floppy discs where the future

[Image: banner.jpg]
03-24-2014, 08:14 AM
I bought it because I've been awaiting MGS GZ since I first saw the trailer in 2010? or 2011? either way the game is beautiful even on Xbox 360 (which is version I personally bought)and gameplay wise is one of the best Metal Gear games I've ever played.

As for the length I got about 5 hours from doing all them missions my first time stealthing through everything (minus the helicopter mission for obvious reasons), my only real gripes is there are some quite stupid mechanics like holding up a guard and telling them to get down they stay that way forever until they're spotted and the cover mechanic could be better.

All in all I spent £23 on Ground Zeroes and I am very satisfied with my purchase, even Jamais Vu is pretty cool I finally got some great stealth with Raiden again, something I never got since MGS2.
03-24-2014, 09:47 AM
(03-24-2014 07:48 AM)FRANKASTER Wrote:  Like my old Independence day Toys (back from 199x?) that came with a floppy disk with some games... when floppy discs where the future
I remember those ID4 toys that had floppy disks included in them; first time I saw them was on the Friday before my final week of 5th grade (1996). Long-story-short, though, I never had the hardware to use those disks. Sad

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
03-24-2014, 10:09 PM
(03-24-2014 09:47 AM)Old Gross Wrote:  
(03-24-2014 07:48 AM)FRANKASTER Wrote:  Like my old Independence day Toys (back from 199x?) that came with a floppy disk with some games... when floppy discs where the future
I remember those ID4 toys that had floppy disks included in them; first time I saw them was on the Friday before my final week of 5th grade (1996). Long-story-short, though, I never had the hardware to use those disks. Sad

Haha I remember those, good times. I think there was only one or two I didn't get because my parents weren't going to keep buying me the same basic alien figure just painted differently.

I remember in one of the games you could launch an invasion against a Supernova which didn't end well.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)