Finally some concrete(er) details [SPOILERS]
02-01-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: Finally some concrete(er) details
yah but other films have achieved this technique..some for as long as 2 hours. kojima is up on the times, he should have at least referenced films since then that have done this. stupid.
02-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Other tweets by him imply he watched Rope rather recently and is starting to get into Hitchcock. Basically, he is simply using Rope as an example of what he wants with MGSV. Everyone reporting it as Rope being the inspiration for MGSV's cutscenes are probably incorrect.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
02-01-2014, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 07:28 PM by THEND.)
(02-01-2014 03:34 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Other tweets by him imply he watched Rope rather recently and is starting to get into Hitchcock. Basically, he is simply using Rope as an example of what he wants with MGSV. Everyone reporting it as Rope being the inspiration for MGSV's cutscenes are probably incorrect.

ya that "rope" tweet seemed hella beta like he was marveling over its cinematic importance for the first time. I want to say so much about what seems to be like groveling but I'm holding it all in.

fuck it:

seriously kojima every single fucking american director in the united states and even outside the united states has been inspired by hitchcock at some point and to be honest, fuck it, it gets annoying when a director goes through a hitchcock phase THESE days.

M Nigh Shayamlan is practically hitchcock clone and nothing more hence why after he ran out of good films he just became that faggot that films himself in movies. (like hitchcock) If kojima thinks he can properly handle rape in a videogame like hitchcock did you can be damn sure this is kojima's last metal gear.

See Frenzy. And I'm done. I hate you kojima. I hate you. You're a pretentious ass and I can say that cause I've never made a film of my own.

edit;

dammit just to add kojima's games have almost zero literary value. Sure you could make mince meat out of some of his games and say okay he's saying this but he's no hitchcock and he's sure as hell no shakespeare. Example: mgs4 is about some terrorist dude that you must kill cause he's doing something bad.

If you wanted you could make conclusions about the game and say it argues this or that etc...but really none of any sort of deeper meaning is conveyed.

Now taking it a step further to mgsv. MGSV won't have any cultural relevance. Hitchcocks films do, all of em. This is why his style was coined. What can we say about mgs4? A clone soldier (cause all americans are is clones of american soldiers?) is tasked with killing a "russian spy" that acts like a cowboy (the old american idealized male) that is intentionally inhabited by the mental doppleganger of the main characters' dead clone twin brother?(uh...commentary on how vets can't get psychological help after serving?)...oh and no guns? I just threw that together like a pizza.

Kojima's just going to pick and choose the directorial importance of hitchcock, completely overlook the subtext, and write himself off as another hitchcock fag. 70% movies eh? nonsense

Hitchcock is the guy that makes simple movies based on suspense...kojima should get off his dick.

Oh and since kojima won't do his REAL homework I suggest everyone watch Vertigo before kojima dick rides it into his next game.
02-01-2014, 09:02 PM
(02-01-2014 07:15 PM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  M Nigh Shayamlan is practically hitchcock clone and nothing more hence why after he ran out of good films he just became that faggot that films himself in movies. (like hitchcock) If kojima thinks he can properly handle rape in a videogame like hitchcock did you can be damn sure this is kojima's last metal gear.

Kojima is going to put himself in the game, as the guy doing the raping!
02-01-2014, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2014 11:00 PM by Solidsuitlarry.)
Never cared much for Vertigo myself.

I own a dvd of the damn thing so I guess i'll watch it again. Maybe i'll grow to love it like I did with Chinatown but meh, not "DA GREATEST FILM EVER MADE!!!!11!!!" Like people started claiming because of some bullshit poll.
02-02-2014, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 07:22 AM by THEND.)
(02-01-2014 10:59 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  Never cared much for Vertigo myself.

I own a dvd of the damn thing so I guess i'll watch it again. Maybe i'll grow to love it like I did with Chinatown but meh, not "DA GREATEST FILM EVER MADE!!!!11!!!" Like people started claiming because of some bullshit poll.
definitely not the greatest film ever made. just a great hitchcock movie and not even my favorite

ya kojima's a rapist nao...
02-04-2014, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 09:39 AM by hellrasinbrasin.)
[Image: xnp5.jpg]
Game Informer March cover to feature MGSV: new Shinkawa art, more info and screens coming

02-04-2014, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 12:19 PM by Punished Pastry.)
A trailer for an article haha Tried looking at B&N today for the issue while picking up some books, but it doesn't look like its out yet. Must have gotten a little excited.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
02-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Going by Game Informer's tweets, we're looking at 4 hours of playtime for main story AND extras... wut?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763286

Yeah if that's true, no way I'm paying full price for this. It's the damn principle and I'm not going to encourage this kind of industry trend.
02-04-2014, 01:12 PM
(02-04-2014 12:52 PM)jdnation Wrote:  Going by Game Informer's tweets, we're looking at 4 hours of playtime for main story AND extras... wut?

Yeah if that's true, no way I'm paying full price for this. It's the damn principle and I'm not going to encourage this kind of industry trend.

We still have no idea how long "The Cinematic Story" is nor do we know how much of a play time difference their will be for Normal and Hard Mode playthrough. There's just too many unknown variables right now.
02-04-2014, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 01:48 PM by Punished Pastry.)
(02-04-2014 01:12 PM)hellrasinbrasin Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 12:52 PM)jdnation Wrote:  Going by Game Informer's tweets, we're looking at 4 hours of playtime for main story AND extras... wut?

We still have no idea how long "The Cinematic Story" is nor do we know how much of a play time difference their will be for Normal and Hard Mode playthrough. There's just too many unknown variables right now.

I agree with both of you. But the way I see it, konami is probably in a pretty bad state. It's got to be hard to compete with these yearly franchises. This is the only game i'm excited for as everything else seems dull to me. Play styles I feel also had something to do with this end time aswell. According to the article, they had 4 hours to play around with the game. 2 hours for main mission, another 2 for extras. perhaps they wanted to see as much as they could within their given time frame so they could complete their article for GI. Who knows. I bought a new tv for this demo, erm, tutorial so I want to put that 1080p to work. Tongue

EDIT: Plus, I have a very good feeling that there will be an interesting twist at the end.

"What about him?"

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
02-04-2014, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 02:00 PM by hellrasinbrasin.)
...After reading everyone's opinion at NeoGaf on the article.

I really don't get why everyone is getting bent out of shape over the run time for the Metal Gear Solid V Prologue Mission Ground Zeroes (Look at games like Journey or Gone Home for example). Game Informer says it took 2 hours to play through Ground Zeroes and we all know that if you know what you're doing playing a Metal Gear Solid Title you can burn through it in under 2 Hours. So is the 2 hours of play time staff at GI spoke about for The Main Mission attributed to gameplay , or the whole thing? And even if its the later you're still not factoring in replay on Harder difficulty settings or Extra OPS.

And like you said Punished Pastry KONAMI might well be in a bit if a fix so I don't think that anyone should be shocked by them wanting to test the water with an annual release for Metal Gear Solid V. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if that was the point of the 2 part project in the 1st place.
02-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah, hard to say. Wish for the best, I suppose. As long as it's not being released like episode 1,2,3, etc. 2 parts, I can deal with.

Supposedly on the GI website, they said that digital subscribers can get the issue today. Wonder if I can purchase just one issue on google play or something. If I can, I'll post them here. Unless someone else here already has it.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
02-04-2014, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 11:43 PM by Solidsuitlarry.)
(02-04-2014 01:49 PM)hellrasinbrasin Wrote:  ...After reading everyone's opinion at NeoGaf on the article.

I really don't get why everyone is getting bent out of shape over the run time for the Metal Gear Solid V Prologue Mission Ground Zeroes (Look at games like [B]Journey
or Gone Home for example)[/b]. Game Informer says it took 2 hours to play through Ground Zeroes and we all know that if you know what you're doing playing a Metal Gear Solid Title you can burn through it in under 2 Hours. So is the 2 hours of play time staff at GI spoke about for The Main Mission attributed to gameplay , or the whole thing? And even if its the later you're still not factoring in replay on Harder difficulty settings or Extra OPS.

Can't speak for Journey but oh please don't be referencing Gone Home as a game with a playtime which people are totally cool with.

However if you mean it's an example of a game for sale that is much less worth the price then MGS5 then I agree with you.
02-04-2014, 02:56 PM
"Internal Testers can speed run the main mission in about five minuets"

MEN BECOME MUFFINS

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)