Finally some concrete(er) details [SPOILERS]
01-10-2014, 06:40 AM
RE: Finally some concrete(er) details
(01-09-2014 08:58 PM)Ze Moleman Wrote:  All I knows is I can't wait for March.

Same here. Already took the day off of work. Really hoping I can get a decent, new tv with in the next couple weeks for it, as it looks quite impressive visually.
01-13-2014, 07:37 PM
(01-10-2014 06:40 AM)Punished Pastry Wrote:  

Same here. Already took the day off of work. Really hoping I can get a decent, new tv with in the next couple weeks for it, as it looks quite impressive visually.

sonofabitch i should probably preorder
01-13-2014, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 08:07 PM by DarthCaligula.)
I still haven't decided if I even want to buy it.
01-13-2014, 08:59 PM
(01-13-2014 08:06 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I still haven't decided if I even want to buy it.
a month from now hype will be outta this world
01-13-2014, 09:04 PM
I don't know. I keep thinking of how cool MGS4 looked, and then how the actual game turned out to be once I finally played it.
01-13-2014, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 10:04 PM by THEND.)
(01-13-2014 09:04 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I don't know. I keep thinking of how cool MGS4 looked, and then how the actual game turned out to be once I finally played it.

Two levels of stealth on the battlefield.

Any word on an economy system of sorts? I'd imagine as "Diamond Dogs" we as players would have the option of doing extra missions for money to use to make upgrades to Mother Base and your choppa. I'd imagine buying weapons/items would factor into this system as well.
01-15-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm still waiting to see comparisons between the PS3 and PS4 versions before I decide to buy it. If the gulf is significant, then I might wait to play the game once I eventually get a PS4. Which won't be soon.

As for the in-game economy, I imagine it'd be an upgrade from Peace Walker's and probably also leverage social media and tablets somehow.

I also imagine Konami will want to nickel and dime us through optional microtransactions, which I expect will hilariously not work because the Konami servers will be down... I feel it's almost inevitable and this will greatly diminish the experience for me with constant codec reminders that I can wait 12 days for my engineers to build me this gun or pay $5 to have it now.

-codec pop up-

*Brrring brrrring*

-open-

Kaz 125.61 hz

"Snake! If your stamina meter is too low, try increasing it by using steroid supplements!"

"Just go to the item menu. Select the iDroid Shop. Then upload the displayed Drebin currency you have, or enter your credit card, and a drone shall be dispatched to drop an item box at a location on the map that you specify."

-close-
01-15-2014, 11:07 AM
(01-15-2014 10:47 AM)jdnation Wrote:  I'm still waiting to see comparisons between the PS3 and PS4 versions before I decide to buy it. If the gulf is significant, then I might wait to play the game once I eventually get a PS4. Which won't be soon.

As for the in-game economy, I imagine it'd be an upgrade from Peace Walker's and probably also leverage social media and tablets somehow.

I also imagine Konami will want to nickel and dime us through optional microtransactions, which I expect will hilariously not work because the Konami servers will be down... I feel it's almost inevitable and this will greatly diminish the experience for me with constant codec reminders that I can wait 12 days for my engineers to build me this gun or pay $5 to have it now.

-codec pop up-

*Brrring brrrring*

-open-

Kaz 125.61 hz

"Snake! If your stamina meter is too low, try increasing it by using steroid supplements!"

"Just go to the item menu. Select the iDroid Shop. Then upload the displayed Drebin currency you have, or enter your credit card, and a drone shall be dispatched to drop an item box at a location on the map that you specify."

-close-

microtransactions seeem lik the death of gameing
01-15-2014, 11:14 AM
I imagine this was sugested to them by Microsoft given that it's over all their games, including the single player of a game like Forza and Ryse.

For this and many other reasons I hope the Xbone crashes and burns. It needs to be made an example of...
01-15-2014, 11:19 AM
(01-15-2014 11:14 AM)jdnation Wrote:  . It needs to be made an example of...

xbone is garbage
01-15-2014, 01:42 PM
I cannot stand Microtransactions. The only reason they are still around is people buy them, plain and simple. For instance, I bought into the AC:Black Flag hype and bought it, and decided to look at the playstation store and see what Adons they had for the game. They are selling individual "time savers" for I belive $2.99 each. One of them reveals locations for collectables, another is for resources for your ship. Ridiculous.

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
01-15-2014, 04:58 PM
[Image: SLW25lives.png]

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
01-16-2014, 09:14 PM
(01-15-2014 04:58 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  [Image: SLW25lives.png]

It's Just Sickening!
01-30-2014, 07:08 PM
(01-13-2014 07:37 PM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 06:40 AM)Punished Pastry Wrote:  
sonofabitch i should probably preorder
Me too; I've been too lazy to haul my ass over to GameStop and place my pre-order. Shame there's nothing to gain from pre-ordering it.....but I'm used to it; mostly with games these days you only get in-game content and nothing more snazzy like, say, FOXHOUND dog-tags like you could get when pre-ordering MGS back in 1998. Good times.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
02-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Kojima's inspiration for single take camera was Hitchcock's film 'Rope' where he tried to pull off the same concept.
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=12148

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)