Finally some concrete(er) details [SPOILERS]
11-15-2013, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 01:25 PM by Nike Schneider.)
Finally some concrete(er) details [SPOILERS]
Famitsu's new MGSV Ground Zeroes interview with Kojima clears up some details

Quote:- Ground Zeroes is the prologue to Phantom Pain, and it is intended to be similar to the pre-title sequence of a Hollywood movie, where something major happens to catch the audience's attention, before the real story starts.

- The main content in Ground Zeroes is largely meant to be a tutorial for Phantom Pain. He uses the exact word - tutorial, so there's no doubt about this at all. The story content in Ground Zeroes is limited to the night setting in the rain, but you'll be able to see other times of the day via the side op missions. There is no dynamic weather or day/night cycle in Ground Zeroes.

- Phantom Pain is the game which will feature the full range of expanded features carried over from Peace Walker - base building, recruiting soldiers, etc. Most of this will not be in Ground Zeroes at all. You will not be able to use the fulton recovery system in Ground Zeroes either, but there are optional captives you can rescue using the helicopter.

- The save data in Ground Zeroes will carry over to Phantom Pain, and there will be benefits in the full game for extra stuff you decide to do in Ground Zeroes.

- The reason Ground Zeroes is being released as a separate package in the first place is because the main game is taking a long time to develop due to the large amount of content. So the marketing team at Konami worked out this release format with Kojima so gamers can at least experience the prologue segment of the game earlier.

- Kojima wants to reward fans who buy both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain later on with some sort of content in the full game, but he hasn't worked out the details with the marketing team yet.

- Ground Zeroes (and Phantom Pain by extension) will support a secondary display device via smartphones or tablets. It can be used to display stuff like leaderboards. There have also been feedback from people outside of Japan for a map display and so on, but Kojima has some concerns about players diverting their attention between two screens, so he's still looking into it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716209

So does this spell it out better that Ground Zeroes is for sure it's own product and WILL NOT be in TPP??? Why can't reporters ask the straightforward question?

Also if I bought this on PS3 will my save transfarr over to PS4 or save carryovers are only for the same system?
11-15-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: Finally some concrete(er) details
Good post. Wait n see. Some multiplayer action would compensate for the split release more than anything but if the digital version is only 20.00 then it should be fine .
11-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Play-Asia has MGSV GZ Units listed with an April 2014 release? Speculative or confirmed.
11-20-2013, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 11:56 AM by jdnation.)
(11-19-2013 11:38 AM)hellrasinbrasin Wrote:  Play-Asia has MGSV GZ Units listed with an April 2014 release? Speculative or confirmed.

It's incorrect. Konami wants to release this game before their fiscal years ends on March 31st. That way they can pad their end financials with Metal Gear sales to make their company look better. They will then pat themselves on the back for all their hard work followed by a night out at a Roppongi strip club. The theme for the girls that night will be army fatigues. Anytime you're ready Mr. weapons inspectors! Oohh... your Trojan horse is so big! I want it in me! The next morning, their financial officer will be furious that one night's liquor tab cost their company an arm and a leg...
11-20-2013, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 12:37 PM by THEND.)
Click here for some concrete plot details for Ground Zeroes.
11-20-2013, 09:18 PM
(11-20-2013 11:51 AM)jdnation Wrote:  The next morning, their financial officer will be furious that one night's liquor tab cost their company an arm and a leg...

aaaahhaha
11-20-2013, 09:32 PM
(11-20-2013 11:51 AM)jdnation Wrote:  
(11-19-2013 11:38 AM)hellrasinbrasin Wrote:  Play-Asia has MGSV GZ Units listed with an April 2014 release? Speculative or confirmed.

It's incorrect. Konami wants to release this game before their fiscal years ends on March 31st.

So That would mean a January release in the West a Feb Launch in Japan and a Europe Launch in March?
11-21-2013, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 11:56 AM by jdnation.)
Most likely it'll be March in all territories. Not necessarily the same day, but I imagine they could pull it off same day worldwide. But who knows, plans can change.
11-22-2013, 03:53 AM
Exclusive Xbox content for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

* For the PS3/PS4 its the Déjà vu MGS Classic Side OPS Mission
* For the XBox 360/XB1 what this exclusive content might be has yet to be revealed.
11-22-2013, 07:33 AM
"Ohhhh cock so big, you only put half in Joe!"
11-22-2013, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-2013 03:17 PM by jdnation.)
I'm betting that not even Kojima knows what the exclusive Microsoft content is yet. MS probably just saw the deja vu announcement and then said, "We can't let our competitor get away with this! Get me the phone!" Because otherwise they would've revealed it specifically on launch day.

Maybe they'll get a mini mission where you go around the base placing Xbones and Kinects and connect them to the internet so that way MSF can spy on their activities and gain intel.
11-22-2013, 04:30 PM
At this point microsoft just looks like a kid lost in a toys r us
11-29-2013, 03:22 AM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 03:24 AM by hellrasinbrasin.)
Expect The Phantom Pain When Lots of People Have PS4s
11-29-2013, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-29-2013 12:10 PM by THEND.)
he needs to make the money back on that engine that's not for sale

edit;

so long as i get my ps3 vers. won't buy a ps4 till mgs6 comes out assuming i even bother
11-29-2013, 09:33 PM
* Smartphones are used to display Level Scores, The Radar, Map, etc
* Parts of Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain are 100% done while work remains on other
sections of the game.

Kojima: some parts of The Phantom Pain are 100% complete

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)