Fighting Bosses in the dynamic Open World
07-21-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Fighting Bosses in the dynamic Open World
Peace Walker was designed to be Monster Hunter.
07-21-2014, 06:38 AM
I think the main problem with Peace Walker is that so many people play the HD version and forget that it's a portable game. It's pretty basic and shallow and fast-paced so that you cam hammer through a level ot two while riding a bus or whatever, and the bosses are so simple and follow such a strict pattern because whoever designed the PSP's controls forgot that you were supposed to be able to play games on it. I kept the fact in mind when I played it, and combined withy lack of any expectations, I enjoyed the faster-paced gameplay - felt more like classic Metal Gear than MGS3/4 did while retaining a basic camouflage system and more modern controls. Story was a joke, but that's been the case for the last few games now.

I think Phantom Pain will be a step in the right direction, gameplay-wise, compared MGS4. But that's also taking into account the fact that MGS4 took a gigantic leap off the path it should have been on, rolled down a hill into a swamp, got malaria, and slept with a Thai hooker from the run-down hospital waiting room who ended up having a dick. In that sense, Phantom Pain will merely be MGS4's "six-weeks-later" when you've finally finished your bottle of antibiotics and rid yourself of the clap. Yeah, feels good to be clean, but you'll never rid yourself of the deep-seated shame.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
07-21-2014, 07:09 PM
(07-21-2014 06:38 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Yeah, feels good to be clean, but you'll never rid yourself of the deep-seated shame.

mgs4 never existed
07-22-2014, 02:52 AM
War Economy! Nanomachines! WHEN ONE BECOMES ZERO!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-22-2014, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2014 08:09 AM by THEND.)
(07-22-2014 02:52 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  War Economy! Nanomachines! WHEN ONE BECOMES ZERO!

COUNTING, HAS CHANGED...

EDIT: aaaaaaaaaaasssinnnnmaaaaaaeeeyyyyyy
07-22-2014, 08:24 AM
I hope not-killing bosses actually affects shit, rather than just giving you arbitrary bonuses while the story plays out as if you'd killed them anyway.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Will there even be actual boss characters? I'm betting open world just means more godawful armoured vehicle battles that take hours to defeat with a hundred weapon drops.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
07-22-2014, 01:07 PM
They've already shown some off.

Do you even lift?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-22-2014, 01:18 PM
I stopped watching the press materials.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
07-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Want me to spoil everything I know?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-28-2016, 04:44 AM
Yeah, well so much for those boss fights, eh?

I count three, and they all sucked.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-28-2016, 06:57 AM
I haven't played since November. I can only think of MoF and salantropitus. Who was the third?

Benny Harvey, RIP
01-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Quiet. I don't count the Skulls either, because they're retarded.

MoF wasn't even really a true boss either, and the big Metal Gear Slut-an-puss or whatever was a joke, even on Extreme, and especially with two Tanks available for use.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-28-2016, 09:34 AM
I was hoping for a section where we were in a helicopter shooting at Metal Gear with chaos on the Afghan/African streets.

We only got this in one side mission in Ground Zeroes. I was hoping for more, but nope...
01-28-2016, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-28-2016 10:46 AM by DarthCaligula.)
I liked the fight with Quiet, and was hoping that this would be a recurring part of the game. You fight a boss with a weird power, then you get to choose to kill them, or keep them alive, and take them on as part of your team. Pretty much, we would be Big Boss building up his series of bosses for Solid Snake or some other hero to take on. It just seems so obvious. What if Eli eventually fully went against you, and so he was infiltrating your base, killing your men, taking out your bosses, so you'd feel like the bosses from the other games with someone infiltrating your base and killing your men, and you can't seem to stop him? Of course, the enemies all act like morons if you think about it for just one second. Hmmmm, some guy killing everyone? Why not team your superhuman guys up together so they can all use their super abilities together?! Or you know, if someone sees him, call for backup, since this guy is literally a one man army?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)