Favorite Subsistence moment
11-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Favorite Subsistence moment
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence...

What was your favorite moment out of the game...was it some funny bullshit/glitch that happened? Was there a particular cutscene you liked that you wanna discuss? It can take place in the main game, online...hell, even in Metal Gear 1 & 2...just post something! GAH!

Okay, here's a funny glitch I figured out ALL BY MYSELF (I'm a big boy) in the original MGS3; it doesn't work in the Subsistence release.

You know when you escape torture from Volgin and head for the sewers? Remember the area in west Groz-knee Grad [sic] with a bunch of tanks with the shaft in the northeast leading down to the sewers? No? Well fucking listen anyway!

If you kill the first two guards there (or hold them up, I don't remember) and shake them down for items, one of them will drop a glitchy book. If you equip it, you can move. If you equip it while running, you can't stop. You can even hold down R1 and run around in first person. There's also something like this in MGS2 Substance when you pick up a book during the Elimination Mode missions as Ninja Raiden.

Also, in the original MGS3 when you're with EVA after the motorcycle crash...just before you fight the Boss...if you lead EVA towards a cliff you need to climb up, but lean up against it, you'll climb on air.

Well, those are my poorly explained, yet fun MGS3 experiences. What're yours?
12-03-2006, 02:20 AM

One of my funniest Metal Gear experiences was in Snake Eater. I decided I was not gonna fight the End and all that bullshit so I sniped him from afar while he was still in his wheelchair. I kept my position to watch the chaos unravel. Instead, I would not see this delightfiul turmoil because a particular wheelchair tire came forth unto my thick skull and tackled me into the past area. My brother and I had a good laugh,that we did!
12-03-2006, 09:02 PM

ShankMasta Wrote:One of my funniest Metal Gear experiences was in Snake Eater. I decided I was not gonna fight the End and all that bullshit so I sniped him from afar while he was still in his wheelchair. I kept my position to watch the chaos unravel. Instead, I would not see this delightfiul turmoil because a particular wheelchair tire came forth unto my thick skull and tackled me into the past area. My brother and I had a good laugh,that we did!

Someone answered! Kudos to you!

I think everyone's had some experience with that damned tire...I had really low health one time and got killed by the damned thing! At first I was like, "What the hell?"
12-04-2006, 08:05 AM

ShankMasta Wrote:One of my funniest Metal Gear experiences was in Snake Eater. I decided I was not gonna fight the End and all that bullshit so I sniped him from afar while he was still in his wheelchair. I kept my position to watch the chaos unravel. Instead, I would not see this delightfiul turmoil because a particular wheelchair tire came forth unto my thick skull and tackled me into the past area. My brother and I had a good laugh,that we did!

Oh Yeah, I hate that. But i think that if you shoot the flying tire, it blows up too.

PSN ID: S-Knife1989 (US)

http://www.MetalGearSolidTv.com <--- CHECK IT OUT.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-7a71
[Image: paOS-1e-74-12x.gif]
Buy Discounted Games - Cheap Stock Clearance Offers & more at Play-Asia.com>
12-04-2006, 09:59 AM

Solid_SnakeMGS Wrote:But i think that if you shoot the flying tire, it blows up too.
Yup. That fucker has never got me.
12-04-2006, 10:19 AM

Ravi Singh Wrote:
Solid_SnakeMGS Wrote:But i think that if you shoot the flying tire, it blows up too.
Yup. That fucker has never got me.

Lol. It has only gotten me about once or twice.

12-04-2006, 03:19 PM

Oh yeah?! Well, I've never...died...when I battled The End!

Despite the fact all he does is tranquilize you...you have to be a total fucking idiot (or a "complete dumbass" as Major Zero would say) to die fighting The End.
12-04-2006, 05:32 PM

That would actually be pretty difficult, since like you say all he does is tranq you lol.

-
12-05-2006, 08:15 AM

Stephen Mathis Wrote:Oh yeah?! Well, I've never...died...when I battled The End!

Despite the fact all he does is tranquilize you...you have to be a total fucking idiot (or a "complete dumbass" as Major Zero would say) to die fighting The End.

No. I meant when the tire flys off and hits you when you blow The End up in the warehouse part. I've been hit with the tire once or twice. I've never been killed by the end. Its just tranqulizer darts anyway...just take them out of you and eat something afterwards.

12-05-2006, 10:39 AM

Thanks for stating the obvious. Without you, my friend, I would've never beaten the game on European Extreme. :roll:
12-06-2006, 05:22 AM

Solidus Wrote:That would actually be pretty difficult, since like you say all he does is tranq you lol.
Not really if you go after him with grenades and other various explosives like a suicide bomber.

This is good isn't it?
12-06-2006, 05:27 AM

Actually, I thought The End was the easiest boss of all. I never shot at him with a sniper rifle, or had a "sniper battle" with him. I just ran around behind him, and shot him 3 times with a shotgun, then he'd toss a stun grenade and run off. Then I'd use the thermal goggles and follow his footprints to his next hiding spot, then bam--he's dead in under five minutes.
12-06-2006, 07:34 AM

Stephen Mathis Wrote:Actually, I thought The End was the easiest boss of all. I never shot at him with a sniper rifle, or had a "sniper battle" with him. I just ran around behind him, and shot him 3 times with a shotgun, then he'd toss a stun grenade and run off. Then I'd use the thermal goggles and follow his footprints to his next hiding spot, then bam--he's dead in under five minutes.

Exactly. All you need are thermal goggles basically and a gun. I enjoyed fighting him. You know, there is a cheat to use when facing the end...i think it only works in the original Snake Eater.

Press up up down down left right left right square triangle while you are looking on the Map and you can get his location anytime, from anywhere. Just a little thing i'd put in. I'm sure most of you know this by now. It does not work in the Subsistence version of Snake Eater for some reason, i tried.

12-06-2006, 04:08 PM

Cord Wrote:
Solidus Wrote:That would actually be pretty difficult, since like you say all he does is tranq you lol.
Not really if you go after him with grenades and other various explosives like a suicide bomber.
I know. I was joking at the fact that if you were properly playing the game and not actually trying to kill your self, you would be unlikely to die in that battle.

-
12-07-2006, 06:29 PM

Stephen Mathis Wrote:Oh yeah?! Well, I've never...died...when I battled The End!

I guess I fit into that category, I was killed by a Markhor when it kicked me in the middle of the battle.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)