Episode 45 (SPOILERS) - Question?
11-04-2015, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 12:33 PM by BigB0SS.)
Episode 45 (SPOILERS) - Question?
Okay, I get why Quiet kept her mouth shut: to keep the english parasite from spreading among Diamond Dogs.

Here's what I don't get: why does she surrender to the Russians, and then goes on the attack once Venom Snake tries to free her? In other words, if she willingly surrendered (and most likely knew what that meant in terms of torture, etc), why is she now attacking Russians just because Venom Snake shows up? She didn't fully grasp how bad torture would be?

I mean seriously, it would make more sense if she just wandered out in the desert and you had to find her. Because even the idea of her being captured by subpar soldiers (regarding the argument that she was captured) seems farfetched with all her superpowers.
11-04-2015, 09:32 PM
RE: Episode 45 (SPOILERS) - Question?
Let it go, my son.

This is my signature. Like you give a fuck.
11-04-2015, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 10:37 PM by Victor Katilis.)
That character is fucking retarded from the ground up, and you expect sense?

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
11-05-2015, 10:48 AM
The worst mission in the whole game

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
11-05-2015, 12:34 PM
True. The mission is pure bs. Just seems like they slapped in a bunch of tanks/armored vehicles to make it seem epic. Fulton extract 14 tanks/armored vehicles. In reality it's just a major pain.

It would have been cooler to rescue her from a skull unit. Or perhaps chase her in the desert. Or better yet stumble upon her corpse, find out she died from wandering in the desert and that's when you pick up the cassette. Or that she went off and started raising/training Sniper Wolf or some shit.
11-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Perhaps Quiet discovered the pleasures of rape and so she ended up "captured". Sleepy Kojima is clearly making a statement about legalizing prostitution and being a feminist and letting women make their decisions.
That's the phantom pain: finding that prostitutes would now give receipts and charge extra money for taxes.

PS: the comrades were lost due to sifilis.

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
11-05-2015, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 01:46 PM by BigB0SS.)
Good point. Always have to read between the lines to figure out what Kojima's trying to say. I guess she got tired of Diamond Dogs because Venom Snake couldn't satisfy her "needs"... so she went somewhere that would. She got tired of just flirting/playing in the rain, waiting for VS to take it further.
11-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Why didn't she just kill herself again? She could have jumped into the ocean and saved us from that shoehorned rape scene.

Benny Harvey, RIP
11-05-2015, 04:46 PM
(11-05-2015 04:21 PM)sput Wrote:  Why didn't she just kill herself again? She could have jumped into the ocean and saved us from that shoehorned rape scene.

Well, I haven't played the game, but I've heard that she breaths and hydrates through her skin, so I have no idea if she could actually drown herself. It is salt water, and unless you're a fish, it's kinda hard to breath water, but I have no idea if she can filter both the salt and the oxygen out of the water through her skin. So who the fuck knows. I doubt it though.

I guess she could have just pulled a Kurt Cobain and shot herself in the head with her gun. Or can't she die from that either?

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
11-05-2015, 04:57 PM
Can't remember the details, but I think one of the cassette tapes mentioned that large amounts of water = very bad news for people like Quiet who have undergone parasite therapy.

-
11-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Yeah something about something. Suffocation. Still though, I mean. Fucking do it, bitch.

Benny Harvey, RIP
11-06-2015, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 10:00 PM by Hairy Armpits.)
Yeah, Ocelot makes it clear that showers are fine, but she can't be submerged or she'd suffocate.

And yeah, it's a poorly-slapped-together mission that can get both dull and infuriating. The only saving grace in my playthrough was that it was Quiet herself that brought down the attack chopper with her sniper rifle. It was impressive.

I think she was supposed to have been captured rather than surrender, but you're right in that it's internally inconsistent, when they made such a big deal about her in the beginning. They literally say that the only thing the Soviets find in her wake are dead bodies.

It sucks, because out of all the boring, dreary characters in this game, she's the only one that's even half-way interesting. Underused potential like the whole damned game.
11-06-2015, 08:23 AM
(11-06-2015 07:36 AM)Hairy Armpits Wrote:  And yeah, it's a poorly-slapped-together mission that can get both dull and infuriating. The only saving grace in my playthrough was that it was Quiet herself that brought down the attack chopper with her sniper rifle. It was impressive.

Wasn't that some sort of MiG or something? As in a fighter jet, not a chopper. I didn't get a great look, and the tiny look I did get didn't look like any american jet that I know of, so I assumed MiG. Although, upon further investigation, it doesn't look like any MiG I've ever seen either.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
11-06-2015, 09:10 AM
^ I don't think so, it was hovering and strafing like a chopper. Didn't even need the Killer Bee to shoot it down, I did it with a conventional launcher.
11-06-2015, 12:29 PM
(11-06-2015 09:10 AM)Hairy Armpits Wrote:  ^ I don't think so, it was hovering and strafing like a chopper. Didn't even need the Killer Bee to shoot it down, I did it with a conventional launcher.

Oh, I thought you guys were referring to this scene:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)