Poll: Do you want Konami to release Kingdom of the Flies as DLC?
Yes.
No.
Only if it's free.
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Does Metal Gear Survive Prove That Konami Can Finish MGSV's Cut Episode?
08-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Does Metal Gear Survive Prove That Konami Can Finish MGSV's Cut Episode?
New article written by yours truly. It touches on Konami, Metal Gear Surive, Metal Gear Solid V: Definitive Ex and Kingdom of the Flies:

https://metalgearsaladblog.wordpress.com...t-episode/
08-29-2016, 05:09 AM
RE: Does Metal Gear Survive Prove That Konami Can Finish MGSV's Cut Episode?
Your text widget is showing a template.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
08-29-2016, 11:44 AM
Survive looks worse than The Last of Us. How the fuck did you reach the conclusion that it may signal the completion of MGSV? Meth?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
08-30-2016, 07:13 PM
They've officially said they won't, also Konami claims nothing was cut, MGSV was perfect. If you believe them... yuk yuk...
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=27949
09-04-2016, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 06:53 AM by RorschachSnake.)
(08-29-2016 11:44 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Survive looks worse than The Last of Us. How the fuck did you reach the conclusion that it may signal the completion of MGSV? Meth?

Did you read the article?

(08-30-2016 07:13 PM)jdnation Wrote:  They've officially said they won't, also Konami claims nothing was cut, MGSV was perfect. If you believe them... yuk yuk...
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=27949

I wrote this before they said anything. Regardless, I still think they might change their mind at some point, seeing how even some Kojima purists are willing to buy Kingdom of the Flies. If their intention is to win the fans back, this would be a good strategic move on their part.

BTW, sources indicate that Kojima actually wanted The Phantom Pain to be released without the Kingdom of the Flies mission. His plan was apparently to finish and release it as DLC, and the only reason it was "cut" was because he was fired before he could finish it after The Phantom Pain's release.

Chapter 3 has also been hinted at being just a symbolic meta-chapter that activates once the Nuclear Disarmament event has been triggered.

Point being - while there's no question that certain elements of MGSV were left out (as is with practically every game) - the notion that the game's content was heavily butchered by Konami is false, I think. Kojima himself wanted to create a weird-ass structure with post-release DLC missions to flesh out certain plot points.
09-05-2016, 05:14 AM
(09-04-2016 06:47 AM)RorschachSnake Wrote:  Did you read the article?

Ha ha, fuck no!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-06-2016, 05:23 AM
(09-05-2016 05:14 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 06:47 AM)RorschachSnake Wrote:  Did you read the article?

Ha ha, fuck no!

Then why are you trying to refute a point you haven't even heard?
09-06-2016, 07:28 AM
It sounds so fucking stupid that I won't even humor the thought.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-06-2016, 08:21 PM
(09-04-2016 06:47 AM)RorschachSnake Wrote:  Point being - while there's no question that certain elements of MGSV were left out (as is with practically every game) - the notion that the game's content was heavily butchered by Konami is false, I think. Kojima himself wanted to create a weird-ass structure with post-release DLC missions to flesh out certain plot points.

Undoubtedly a lot of stuff was scaled back and cut by Kojima, such as user-generated missions etc. So the idea of DLC episodes or even an epilogue chapter like GZ is not out of the question.

But I still think the final mission that we've seen cut was intended to be the end of the game.

This is primarily because it ties up a loose end with regards to the kids, as well as... TRADITION.

The next to final end of Chapter 2 should've involved Metal Gear in some capacity, and the fight between Venom and Eli in the Metal Gear would've fit that bill.

But we never got that Metal Gear fight. Certainly we got it at the end of Chapter 1, but it seems odd that we would not encounter it again towards the end game. Even Peace Walker included a Metal Gear fight at the end.

Yeah... maybe Kojima was breaking formula, but I don't buy it. Nor do I think he'd walk out of Konami just because of typical cut content. Every game has had cut content. But this time it was more significant.

Think about it.

Other games have had debriefings and documents detailing things that were changed and cut. Notoriously MGS2. Kojima had no problem laying things out. But the documentary disc we get of the making of is completely sub par compared to the stuff we got before. It's a bunch of interviews fellating the franchise and Kojima. A bunch of marketing trailers, and the only, THE ONLY, actual content with regards to MGSV development is the missing chapter.

Why only include that? I'm sure there's lots of other cool cut stuff that we'd love to look at that was discarded.

Nope, this doesn't sit right with me no matter what Konami says.

Ultimately only Kojima can tell us, and unfortunately he's been legally gagged.

But I believe that end chapter was intended to be in the final game. Maybe Kojima was going to delay it again or something to get it done and Konami got pissed. I don't know... But I don't buy that this was just some bonus thing they just happened to cut.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)