Do you want a sequel?
08-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Do you want a sequel?
Then Konami insists you fill out their survey.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641971
08-01-2013, 04:13 PM

Yes? No. I don't know. Sure whatever.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
08-02-2013, 10:17 AM

Having not bought the game or played it I feel I can't take the survey. But if anyone here is, tell them to put Orbital Frames in the next one for the luls.
08-02-2013, 10:53 AM

jdnation Wrote:Having not bought the game or played it I feel I can't take the survey. But if anyone here is, tell them to put Orbital Frames in the next one for the luls.

That would actually be pretty sweet.
08-02-2013, 04:06 PM

You should borrow it or something, it's fun while it lasts. Well except the final boss which is a cheap piece of shit. Also the voice acting is terrible.

08-02-2013, 08:31 PM

I just watched a playthrough over Youtube. Will wait until the Greatest Hits version comes out with all DLC included for $30.

Then I'll wait until it's in the bargain bin for $15 or less.
08-02-2013, 10:01 PM

It's mediocre. Really, that's all. And no, I never beat it because that guy in the desert was just too annoying and not fun at all. I finally had enough with the game at that point.
I really should get back to trying to beat Ninja Gaiden. That part when you're in that Hell place and you fight that giant demon guy is just so hard though...
08-03-2013, 02:52 AM

What games are y'all playing this year that are better than Metal Gear Rising? How the fuck did your standards become so high? Maybe you just don't like videogames at all anymore. Seriously, there hasn't been anything better than MGR this year:

I mean, the Last of Us was OK. Story was great. Cliche, but great. Everything about it was cliche, but great. It was like they just committed to only doing things other people had done, but slightly better. Except the stealth. Or the level design. Or... Anti-aliasing. There's some deep stuff there, and also some of the most shallow stuff I've ever seen. It's a game that was made to be the game that everyone calls "game of the generation" while also selling well for an exclusive. It's the most focus-tested work of high-art in human history.

I'm playing Bioshock Infinite right now. It's probably the most beautiful game I've ever played, and I can barely force myself to play it because it's just a boring dumb fucking shooter. You just go around and shoot thousands of guys. That's all it is. I fucking hate it so much and what I hate most about it is that a hundred+ incredibly talented artists and programmers and sound designers and writers all worked on this beautiful thing for four+ years and it's fucking awful to play. What a tragedy.

And what do we have to look forward to? A COD-Chasing Splinter Cell Reboot? Another GTA? Another Assassin's Creed? Another Pokemon? A cruddy open-world franchise for Ubisoft to milk dry? The only game this year that might top MGR for me might be Killer is Dead; Auteur Japanese developers are the only thing keeping me from blowing my skull off these days.

And holy shit yes do I want a sequel, but I want them to wait until Konami does the eventual remake of Metal Gear 1. Then I want Metal Gear Rising 2 to star Black Ninja inbetween MG1 and MG2, and then the remake of MG2. Then MGR3 starring Grey Fox inbetween MG2 and MGS. Heck yeah.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
08-03-2013, 03:55 AM

Yes, Rising is as mediocore as most of the other highly anticipated games this year.
08-03-2013, 04:12 AM

Punished Shinobi Wrote:Yes, Rising is as mediocore as most of the other highly anticipated games this year.

Nah, it was miles ahead in everything but pure visual aesthetics. There's so much depth to the gameplay that it almost makes my head spin! Even on a 15 month development cycle, it managed to out-class games with three or four times the time, money and staff put into them. Fuck y'all haters, Metal Gear Rising is a pinnacle of achievement, a paragon of efficiency and passion that all other developers should dream of aspiring to. A compelling, fleshed out narrative, a deep and satisfying combat system and previously unseen technological achievements, all at sixty frames per second! God bless Platinum Games.

I shouldn't be surprised, I haven't seen anyone on here speak positively of a game released after 1999. You're all a bunch of old farts.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
08-03-2013, 04:31 AM

jdnation Wrote:I just watched a playthrough over Youtube.

Have to say, I don't understand this to be honest. I like the way a game feels when you play it, particularly first time. Even if it's terrible, I want it to be first hand.

I rarely play games when they release, so Bioshock Infinite is still on the cards. Last of Us was so engrossing that I can forgive the flaws, I mean I am a fan of atmosphere in games. The characters are nice but so was that Uncharted 2 level with the guy that doesn't speak English. At least it felt like a fully completed adventure - Revengeance felt like at least half of it was missing. Sam and Bladewolf should have been playable and not just DLC, the plot (Lol) is clearly missing a lot of Raiden stuff, and it should have looked as good as the original Rising footage.

08-03-2013, 08:13 AM

Rising was a fair enough game, and yes it does deserve a sequel.

I jerk off to a zombie "teen" from a video game. But I don't think I'm a necrophiliac pedophile...
08-03-2013, 04:46 PM

08-03-2013, 06:23 PM

Well using say Bayonetta as a comparison, it felt like a more detailed game visually, had the extra characters (Rising has the stupid dog being introduced out of nowhere after apparently dying? It's then shown going on ahead of you - but we don't get to play as it and see from it's POV), and generally a fuller experience instead of a 5-6 hour game (and that's taking some time with VR and finding secrets too) where even the usual "fight this boss again x2" is almost entirely missing besides those two cyborg replicas you encounter.

It just generally felt like they got handed the project late on and had to rush it. I appreciate they had to make everything run faster, but once you leave that first area with the beach it becomes more bland as you go. And I know the writing was never going to be good, but I was expecting more of Raiden's alter ego, more Sam and generally fuller arcs. Maybe this is wishful thinking in the extreme though. I still enjoyed it enough to play through a few times.

08-03-2013, 07:02 PM

I don't care what games came out this year. If I haven't played it, it's new, that's how I go about it. The game was not that good. It was better than I thought, but the boss fights were just annoying... Hell, everything was just pretty stupid. They should have just made the entire thing a joke and kept the ridiculousness of the beginning level through the whole thing. This game is mediocre, that's it.
And it doesn't even acknowledge Metal Gear history. Except that whoever wrote it must have read a synopsis of MGS4.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)