Do soldiers pay no mind to barrels exploding within 5m of them in your game too?
09-09-2015, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 03:43 PM by Victor Katilis.)
Do soldiers pay no mind to barrels exploding within 5m of them in your game too?
Seriously how the fuck does bullshit like this pass playtesting?

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
09-09-2015, 04:40 PM
RE: Do soldiers pay no mind to barrels exploding within 5m of them in your game too?
They had to be dumber than the enemies in MGS, MG2 and MG1. Y'know, so that the series gets harder as it goes on chronologically.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-09-2015, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 04:42 PM by Victor Katilis.)
RE: Do soldiers pay no mind to barrels exploding within 5m of them in your game too?
Yeah, you know, those are Genome soldiers in MGS1 after all. Makes total sense for me now, thanks.

<3

My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
09-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Out of curiosity, what are you playing it on? On PS4 I can explode a barrel a good 100 meters away and at the very least they call their commander to report the explosion, if not investigating it altogether.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
09-09-2015, 10:11 PM
PS4.

Try shooting it with a silenced weapon.
They report the gunshot, not the explosion itself (knowledge of Russian helps).

My vision is augmented ©
09-10-2015, 07:02 AM
It varies... I have extracted tanks with balloons in front of people and sometimes they go into a panic sometimes they smoke a cig... plus sometimes a guy far away will react, the closer one will doze off...
09-10-2015, 07:45 AM
You...you mean he..."FEEL ASLEEP"? Haaaaaaaaah!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-10-2015, 08:37 AM
Nah, he wouldn't have the "ZZZ" on top, but they seem to doze lightly sometimes when they are relaxed and standing against a wall. You can take all of the small outposts through the map in "easy" mode by just sneaking down a hill, with all NPC soldiers giving you their backs while they stare at the road like zombies, and you go one by one and freeze them with your vet-gun. In a "sneaking suit". The other dresses are supposedly nosier, but if you walk slower then you can do as well.
If you do this at night the AI of the game will make them start wearing NVGs... but you can still do because they never put a guy to check the hills. They are just fixed in that you will approach from the roads...
By the second time you take an outpost you begin to wonder.
09-10-2015, 01:33 PM
i do remember with the supply outpost, the second time I came in, there was a guard at the back door that wasn't there the first time.

I also got the gas masks (lol I only used smoke nades twice), yet I still have to see NVGs.

My vision is augmented ©
09-11-2015, 06:55 AM
There are lots of examples, at the African airport a guy next to me was standing still and a second one between me and the first yelled Sniper!" and opened fire on Quiet. Then another guy farther did the same. The first didn't notice a thing, so he was seriously deaf and a bit short sighted, which we already knew...
09-11-2015, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 09:43 PM by Victor Katilis.)
It is a buggy fucking mess.
For example if, you drive through outpost in an armored vehicle - drive a slight bit too fast, and the nearest guy will roll away, stand up... and go on the radio 'I spotted signs of an intruder, will investigate'. The he proceeds to run around the outpost, all the while not paying any mind to a fucking APC with an obviously foreign camo and insignia.

Fucking shit is retarded.

My vision is augmented ©
09-12-2015, 03:00 AM
What, these Outposts don't have VCPs? The fuck?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-12-2015, 09:12 AM
It nice to find a forum where people are talking sense rather than just blindly praising the game hoping kojima will someday suck them off, the whole game is very much a disappointment
09-12-2015, 11:09 AM
To be fair, most of the pointing out of the retarded shit in these games has come from me, and everyone else has been in such denial that I'm just a troll. Only now are they slowly realizing that I'm dead serious.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-12-2015, 02:13 PM
To be fair, I am still not sure of my opinion. Bugs it has. Story is slow and plain. Gameplay can be fun at times, but this thing about the game being so large and long... Well it does get repetitive. I am not even sure I will care to finish it, which is what happened to me with... Piss Walker.
I seriously wonder if those early reviewers managed to actually finish it. I kinda get they i pression they didnt.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)