Did Konami find an accomodation for offline/online GMP split?
01-09-2016, 09:36 AM
Did Konami find an accomodation for offline/online GMP split?
So I finally hopped back into MGSV after a long while.

I'm currently starting Mission 30 and have completed every available side-op so far.

I'd noticed that there have been updates and that the GMP total now shows up as a combined total of the offline/online amount, with the split shown at the bottom.

When attempting to develop at least 2 or so items, your offline total drops into the red. But it seems there were no negative repercussions as I think the system only looks at the total GMP combination and treats that as the real number?

This helps, but still sucks in that you need to be 'always online' just to access your own resources. And I'm still confused as to how the stuff balances out. Like my offline total remains in the red, but only goes up if I complete a mission, where either I'm getting GMP from the mission success, or the system waits for a particular checkpoint-like moment where GMP gets added or something wherein you get some money back. But does any of your online get deposited into your offline or it it just permanently online only? This makes figuring out development and how much you're going to spend or develop your base a major pain in the ass as you want to avoid going into the red, but your offline total is a measly amount combined to the fact that 80% of your GMP assets are held hostage online.
01-09-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: Did Konami find an accomodation for offline/online GMP split?
Here's a more important question that's actually worth answering:

What is there to do on Mother Base?

So far, I can go see Paz every time I rescue a Wandering Mother Base soldier, I can go to R&D and see Huey...what else can I do on each platform?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
01-09-2016, 01:16 PM
Fuck all

Benny Harvey, RIP
01-09-2016, 04:46 PM
Gay. I should be able to infiltrate someone elses FOB and murder their Huey, Kaz, Ocelot and whoever else and prevent them from being able to beat the game.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-09-2016, 06:49 PM
You would be doing god's work keeping people away from the ending

Benny Harvey, RIP
01-09-2016, 07:44 PM
It can't possibly be any worse than MGS4's ending.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-09-2016, 09:44 PM
At least it had one

Benny Harvey, RIP
01-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Yeah, I hear the entire finale mission got cut for no reason and the game just kinda...stops. Sorta like if Peace Walker didn't have all that final "secret" shit with Zadornov and Paz stealing Zeke.

Oh well, it'll probably eventually be DLC.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)