Dejua Vu Mission(s)????? A theory, not news
01-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Dejua Vu Mission(s)????? A theory, not news
what are the chances that there will be more deja vu missions on the ps4 version of mgs5? As in, what if the mother base portion will have side missions just like the camp omega one, where we use ps2 assets to show the change in graphical quality over the years.

Since this is probably but not most likely but probably going to be a big boss centric game, what are the chances you think that it will be the first time kojima allows players to experience the big shell from snake's pov through the use of the mother base levels as a deja vu mission 2?

Since i kinda like this idea, i think it might be interesting for snake to basically arrive at this base to find emma and stop metal gear just to find out everyone is trying to get revenge against him for a crime (sinking the tanker) he didn't commit.

i don't think we need raiden missions with the exception of the jaima vu stuff. do we really need acrobatic cartwheel raiden missions?
01-27-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: Dejua Vu Mission(s)????? A theory, not news
Can you imagine how badly those things would match up with the other games though? They couldn't even get the layout of Shadow Moses right in MGS4.
01-28-2014, 12:56 AM
it would look funny yes
01-28-2014, 09:01 AM
I'd always thought that some cool extras would be to reimagine classic boss battles for a new gen/gameplay.
01-28-2014, 11:44 AM
(01-28-2014 09:01 AM)jdnation Wrote:  I'd always thought that some cool extras would be to reimagine classic boss battles for a new gen/gameplay.

leik?
01-28-2014, 08:08 PM
(01-28-2014 11:44 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  leik?

Like redoing the Sniper Wolf Snow Boss Fight using FOX Engine graphics, but remade to play more like the End boss battle in MGS3.
01-28-2014, 08:57 PM
I can't really agree with that. The End's area is way different than Wolf's. The place where you fight Wolf is so much smaller, so I just can't see that working at all.
01-29-2014, 09:34 AM
(01-28-2014 08:57 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I can't really agree with that. The End's area is way different than Wolf's. The place where you fight Wolf is so much smaller, so I just can't see that working at all.

That's why I said 're-imagine', not 're-make.' I dont want it to be a copy of MGS1. Just a new and different fight against Sniper Wolf in a larger snowy setting reminiscent of the classic, but playing out differently to accomodate the advantages of the new game design.
01-29-2014, 09:38 AM
Man you guys are going to be disappointment at how small this mission is going to be.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
01-29-2014, 01:02 PM
i think its more for kojimas benefit than the players. no one in their right mind really gives a shit about the deja vu mission
01-29-2014, 03:03 PM
(01-29-2014 09:38 AM)Punished Singh Wrote:  Man you guys are going to be disappointment at how small this mission is going to be.

Highly likely. But I'm sure there will be more in the future as pay-for DLC.
01-29-2014, 06:32 PM
(01-27-2014 11:44 PM)Solidsuitlarry Wrote:  Can you imagine how badly those things would match up with the other games though? They couldn't even get the layout of Shadow Moses right in MGS4.

Pretty sure they weren't trying to make it exact... that'd be boring with MGS4's gameplay.

(01-28-2014 08:08 PM)jdnation Wrote:  
(01-28-2014 11:44 AM)nanoMACHINEgun Wrote:  leik?

Like redoing the Sniper Wolf Snow Boss Fight using FOX Engine graphics, but remade to play more like the End boss battle in MGS3.

...Didn't they pretty much already do that in 4?

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
01-29-2014, 06:36 PM
And it was terrible.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
01-29-2014, 07:10 PM
MGS4's battle wasn't the slow methodical approach of the End. You were basically fighting a robot dog who kept throwing Frogs at you.

I will admit that was the tensest Boss fight for me. Though that might probably also be my frustration. Sniper fights aren't as fun if you're going to be running around too much, though strategically if I was Crying Wolf I'd do the same thing just to flush you out.
01-29-2014, 08:48 PM
I thought that fight with Crying Wolf was awesome. It was one of the most intense boss fights I've ever seen in a game. Though really, I thought all the B&B Corps fights were great, while the rest of the boss fights in that game were at best mediocre, with the final one being absolutely horrifically terrible.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)