Death Stranding - Kojima's new game officially revealed
11-14-2017, 03:02 PM
RE: Death Stranding - Kojima's new game officially revealed
Get your official Death Stranding Quantum Physicist Dog Tags!
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=30944

“The “thing” that Norman is wearing in DEATH STRANDING has been created based from CGI model data, material is titanium. This is still sample, checking to see whether to merchandise.” – Hideo Kojima

[Image: Death-Stranding-Dog-Tag-Replica.jpg]

[Image: Death-Stranding-Dog-Tag-Replica-Shinkawa.jpg]
11-14-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm gonna buy those dog tags and then go throw them at Federal Hall.
11-19-2017, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 12:05 PM by jdnation.)
A few new sparse details come from Kojima's time in Brazil.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathStranding/...ranslated/
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=30972

Seems the game is much further along than we thought!

- Playable testing state.
- All characters included and cast complete.
- Kojima adding in all dat detail we love.
- Dark and Surreal Souls
- Back to the Near & Alternate Future
- Ecological subjects
- Action game/Open World/Go wherever/Do whateva
- Development schedule is all going according to keikaku.

----

WHAT R U LOADING????

[Image: H7ZKhET.png]
11-28-2017, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2017 08:53 PM by jdnation.)
Seems the game is not much further along than thought!

Some clarifications from the Portuguese interview.

-Game plan/script has all characters.
-All character actors have not been scanned.
-Kojima actually says that game development is NOT like a movie with an editing phase later in post, but is always an ongoing process where stuff is being edited in/out throughout the entire process.
-The keikaku is still good.

12-01-2017, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2017 02:58 PM by jdnation.)
Is this who Stephanie Joosten is playing?

[Image: DPYr5RIXkAAgwsw.jpg]
https://twitter.com/MagicMonaco/status/9...96/photo/1

Junji Ito's anime is coming too.

01-30-2018, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018 03:38 PM by jdnation.)
Kylie Minogue made this.

01-30-2018, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018 09:06 PM by Higharolla Kockamamie.)
What I like is the more we see of Death Stranding the more it becomes clear that it's a science fiction type game.

My initial impression was that it was going to be a totally metaphorical, artsy fartsy type deal where nothing is "literal" and is instead all artistic metaphor, much like the anime film Angel's Egg.

Instead it seems to be just some freaky ass science fiction, much like Neon Genesis Evangelion, that's much more my style, I mean I love the weird stuff and I want it to get weird and out there, but I also want there to be an actual story and not just a bunch of surreal nonsense, Evangelion gets pretty damn surreal but there's still a story explaining why it's all happening.

Yeah, I can't fucking wait for this game, think it'll actually be released sometime this year?
01-30-2018, 10:05 PM
Nah. I'm putting it in for either summer or late 2019.

Kojima wants it out before the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Coincidentally... so does Hideaki Anno, with Evangelion 4.0.

Right now I'm hoping Darling in the Franxx fills the void as the cuter sexier Eva knock-off.
01-30-2018, 11:47 PM
Evangelion is my favorite show ever. The only one I consider to actually be completely flawless from beginning to end. The original 1995 show that is. I was disappointed in the remakes and hated the second one until the brilliant third one came out and revealed that I was right to hate the second one, because it was bullshit on purpose, and now I am genuinely excited for the fourth one.
01-31-2018, 02:41 AM
(01-30-2018 11:47 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  Evangelion is my favorite show ever. The only one I consider to actually be completely flawless from beginning to end. The original 1995 show that is. I was disappointed in the remakes and hated the second one until the brilliant third one came out and revealed that I was right to hate the second one, because it was bullshit on purpose, and now I am genuinely excited for the fourth one.

Eva might not quite be my favorite anime but it's top 5 to be sure, it's stellar.

It's everything that's great about anime rolled into one, it's sexy, scary, entertaining, thought provoking, goofy, deep, it simultaneously subverts it's genre (giant robots) while also being the best example of it (it's much like Watchmen in that way) and it tackles emotions few things, in any medium, do, let alone a cartoon about teenagers piloting giant robots.

Not enough good things can be said about it and then the End of Evangelion movie? Also fucking phenomenal.

I might say that Cowboy Bebop is a bit better, but the thing about Bebop is it's fairly atypical of anime, it has a very American influenced feel by design and feels more made for an international audience than strictly Japanese one.

But as far as quintessential anime goes you really can't beat Evangelion.

And really, is there anything quite like Evangelion,anime or otherwise? I mean it's a TV series where the creator had a mental breakdown during production and it's reflected in the show itself with a deep dive into the darkness of the human soul, think of how unique a situation that is, the closest comparison I can think of is the movie Apocalypse Now, where the cast and crew basically lost their minds while filming in the jungle.

Evangelion: It's Apocalypse Now but with cute girls and giant robots!

So yeah, the TV series is the shit, but I've still only seen the first theatrical movie, I kept waiting for all of them to be released but now that's taken over a decade.
01-31-2018, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 03:21 AM by DarthCaligula.)
He didn't have a breakdown while Evangelion was going on from what I understand. It's about his own experience with depression, mostly while he was working on Nadia. He didn't fully understand what he was feeling until someone showed him a book at some point during the making of Evangelion, and he explains it like "So THIS is what I was feeling!" Who knows just how much he would have explored depression and suicidal thoughts if he didn't have that happen? I have a feeling he wanted to get into it from the beginning, but maybe that incident gave him the courage to actually go all out, and do something with the show that almost no one else has ever had the balls to do.

I'm also one of the fans that absolutely loves the final two episodes. I think it's the perfect ending to the show, though I do like that Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion explain more about the story and just what the hell is going on. The director's cut episodes do a lot to help that, and I love the director's cut episodes even more for the episode that's intensely about Asuka and her problems.

I also love how the show totally deconstructs all of the cliche anime bullshit like giant robots and harem anime. It's so weird how the show is all about insulting otaku and telling them to grow up and stop wanting to be children forever, yet the show has ended up as one of the biggest otaku fetishes ever. That's why I hated the second Evangelion remake movie, it's Evangelion with no soul, but then the third one is nothing BUT the soul of Evangelion, and shows what bullshit the second movie was. From what I understand, there were a lot of people who didn't like the third one, but I absolutely loved it. I'm really hoping the last one will be some sort of combination of the final two episodes, and all the really messed up depressing parts from The End of Evangelion. I want it to be one giant middle finger to otaku, and to piss them all off.
01-31-2018, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 10:55 AM by jdnation.)
If you guys are looking for something new, I recommend checking out Devilman Crybaby.

Apparently some otaku critic complained about how the show caters too much to overseas audiences and didn't pander to what the home team typically jacks off to.

I recommend!

I enjoyed both Eva 2.0 and 3.0. 2 was the set up for 3's crushing reality. Where Anno comments on both real world expectation, failure and depression, while critiquing the spirit of unbridled optimism that is the driving force of typical shonen anime.

Because sometimes stubborn determinism, bravado and thepower of friendship and love don't just work out in yours or anybody elses favor.
01-31-2018, 11:51 PM
I also find that there's a parallel between Anno and Kojima. Anno ended Evangelion the way he wanted (well, mostly. From what I understand, there were budget problems as the show went on, which was a reason why things got so surreal, but I'm so glad that it turned out the way it did), and then some viewers had a shitfit, sending him death threats for how the way the show ended. So to please them, The End of Evangelion was made. The End of Evangelion in a way caters to those people, with more action and such, as well as some actual explanations as to just what the hell is going on with some things (which is actually pretty nice), but what's great is that at the end of it all, everything gets all surreal again, and something I love is that Anno actually put some of those death threat e-mails in the movie, showing real computer screens with messages like "DIE ANNO" written over and over again.

So you can easily see how I can compare this to MGS4, how Kojima received death threats for how MGS2 ended, and how it all influenced MGS4, which was a total joke. I'd say that The End of Evangelion is far better though, because it doesn't ruin what came before with stupid retcons, and manages to stay true to the spirit of the show.

And yeah, as you've all probably figured out by now, I'm a huge fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion, and I've been a fan of this show for about 18 or so years now.
02-01-2018, 10:27 AM
Me too. NGE was part of what really got me into anime. I'm glad End of Eva was made, it's more fitting to end the series than the last eps. I admit I'd be like WTF too. Not enough to send death threats, but I'm a traditionalist for big finales.

Have you check out Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's manga adaptation? Well worth getting.

I'd pay to keep Shiro Sagisu putting out the fine OSTs for 2.0 and 3.0

Truly one of the highest forms of Lillim culture.
02-01-2018, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 06:33 PM by DarthCaligula.)
I'm also glad about The End of Evangelion, and how it explains some stuff more. If it was just those final episodes, I know I would still love them, but it's made better because you can also see the other end that explains more and still manages not to betray the spirit of the show, so if it was just those episodes I think I would have ended up kind of disappointed. And that's the thing about the second Eva rebuild movie, it felt more like what idiot otaku wanted the show to be, and why I say it's Eva without its soul. The entire thing is a betrayal of the spirit of Evangelion, with everything being happy instead of "emo", lots of tits bouncing around, everyone's happy and getting along, but of course, I didn't appreciate the fact that it all falls apart at the end basically until I saw the third one. I felt like I had been betrayed by this man I respected so much, Hideaki Anno, that he had sold out and betrayed the very essence of the show he made all those years ago, but the third one restored my faith in him and and I realized that the second one was actually intentionally stupid and that it was showing a terrible version of Eva that "everyone" wanted it to be, instead of "OMGWTF EMO EMO EMO I DONT CARE JUS GIV ME TITS AND ROBOTS!!!!1!!111"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)