Cqc in the phantom paian
09-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Cqc in the phantom paian
The cqc in the phantom pain has been toned down alot since ground zeros which is a shame but what can we do about it,

For people new to the series or people who are struggling with the controls for the cqc i have compiled this comprehensive tutorial to help you let the legend come back to life,

The ultimate guide to CQC in MGS5:THE PHANTOM PAIN !!

https://youtu.be/Vx8zMeOTEck

I hope this post is in the right place as i am new to the forum.. if i am wrong please direct me to the appropriate thread
09-09-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: Cqc in the phantom paian
I miss written guides; I hate watching videos.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-09-2015, 10:00 AM
I can email you the script if you like
09-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Post it here!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-09-2015, 10:49 AM
That will require time, i need to type it out first. Its hand written (scribbled actually) at the moment
09-09-2015, 01:07 PM
(09-09-2015 09:37 AM)Ocrafter Wrote:  The cqc in the phantom pain has been toned down alot since ground zeros
"Toned down"? I wonder what you mean... Will watch the video but if you can sum it up here... will be my pleasure really.
I was surprised (pleasantly) to see that a guy I was holding up by pointing a weapon, when I dropped the gun he attacked Snake (well, whomever Big Dumb is) with a knife, and upon pressing the CQC button Snake actually disarmed him by twisting his arm, and then threw him to the ground which was my original intention.
It was just a split of a second but it was just like that, and I dont remember having seen that before in GZ.
09-09-2015, 05:05 PM
What's toned down about it? From what I can tell it's the same as GZ, just with some improvements and additions here and there.

[Image: BB2.png]
09-12-2015, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015 09:01 AM by Ocrafter.)
By toned down i mean some of the animations have been removed, for example in GZ if you do a disarm hold up on an enemy twice, in the second animation because he doesnt have a rifle after the first hold up, boss flips the ememies own handgun from its holster and leaves it spin in the air before catching it and pointing it at the enemy..it looks very cool, that animation is gone, in many of the trailers we saw boss do a wall take down and blood is splattered on the wall where the enemies head hit it, that is also gone.. it seems like alot of assets were cut from the game post launch

Dont get me wrong im loving the game but as a player who likes to play exclusively with cqc (except for boss battles) i just felt a little left down. Like somethin didnt feel right. I hate to use weapons, lethal or non leathal it hate them equally, nothing gives me the gaming satifaction i crave like beating the face off my opponent with varied cqc
09-12-2015, 11:08 AM
I've been used to this kind of shit for years. Remember the MGS2 trailers that showed real-time facial expressions when he came close to being caught, or was in a heated gunfight?

And even the MGS1 trailers had the spin-kick instead of the normal kick, and they removed that because it was fucking retarded.

No difference now.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-12-2015, 02:20 PM
How many months will take u to finish this with CQC alone? Or maybe it is the fastest way... A lot of time vaporizes when u lose yourself in the iDroid
09-12-2015, 03:33 PM
(09-12-2015 08:54 AM)Ocrafter Wrote:  in many of the trailers we saw boss do a wall take down and blood is splattered on the wall where the enemies head hit it, that is also gone

This is still in the game.
09-13-2015, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2015 01:38 PM by Ocrafter.)
@brian : It is? Not on my copy?? Check out my tutorial video on cqc and you will see that its gone from my copy ?? Sad

my Mgs5:Tpp tutorials and guides series "I can Big Boss and YOU can too!"

: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn...y7uz9uzZTS

@poisonsnake: it would take forever on your first playthrough if your planning on clearing all the enemies from each base and collecting all the resorses but now that i am replaying for the S Ranks i have clear directives in mind to get the tasks done so it becomes the fastest way, for example in my guide to mission 33 i only engage 4 enemies, 3 that have the misfortune to be in my path and 1 because I wanted his rocket launcher.
09-13-2015, 01:16 PM
(09-13-2015 02:57 AM)Ocrafter Wrote:  @brian : It is? Not on my copy?? Check out my tutorial video on cqc and you will see that its gone from my copy ?? Sad

It's still in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/3ctJiHg.jpg

The dark stain on the wall is blood spatter by smashing the dude's face into it.

CQC blood stains don't appear unless you're smashing people into smooth surfaces, so no crates mounted on pallets and shit.

Also I'm playing on PC if that matters.
09-13-2015, 01:38 PM
I was thinking afterwards, im Irish but i live in indonesia.. i heard alot of the gore was taken out of the japanese version, maybe that applies to all asian versions and not just the jap one
09-14-2015, 02:09 PM
(09-13-2015 01:16 PM)Brian OBlivion Wrote:  http://i.imgur.com/3ctJiHg.jpg

Jesus chriist dude, are you on min settings? That looks like absolute shit

(09-13-2015 01:38 PM)Ocrafter Wrote:  I was thinking afterwards, im Irish but i live in indonesia.. i heard alot of the gore was taken out of the japanese version, maybe that applies to all asian versions and not just the jap one

Are you really worried that no blood shows up?

Benny Harvey, RIP

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)