Cliff Notes on Metal Gear PART I - Terry Wolfe
08-11-2012, 01:54 AM
Cliff Notes on Metal Gear PART I - Terry Wolfe

Part 2 will be done. Also Part 3, yeah. Alright, back to retirement I go, for now.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
08-11-2012, 08:53 AM

haha wow, that was fucking great. Kudos guys...KUDOS
08-11-2012, 11:14 AM

That was pretty sick. I give it a 7.6.

Usually my problem with snake impressions is that you can hear how young they are, but it works great here. I was surprised to see it was Vitamin D, nice job on that.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
08-11-2012, 09:17 PM

Now you're just encouraging them to put cutscenes into the original games...
08-11-2012, 11:22 PM

Ima mothafuckin HaaahnDee.

Wait, did the racial soviet choppah get pumped with black sperm o'sumn? Wah the heeell does he speak 'bout ma momma? Bitch be jiiiivin'
08-11-2012, 11:54 PM

Watched it and lol'd.
More of this please.

Otacon: What's your situation?
Raiden: Wet and miserable.
[Image: 65132993053652116_4.gif]
08-12-2012, 11:06 AM

But seriously, for this you deserve a link to watch this 3 times in a row as the sweet reward:

make moar

P.S. Also, why the fuck liquid ocelot looks like modnar.... OH FUUUCCCC
08-12-2012, 06:11 PM

HNNNNG! HURT ME MOAR!

No but seriously...was Fox that much of a freakin' stoner?

And was this game really that bad?
08-12-2012, 08:05 PM

This attempts to be funny, like Metal Gear Awesome, but just doesn't get the job done.

A better project would've been creating serious cutscenes and possibly looking into fitting them into the emulated version of the game.

METAL GEAR FOREVER 2001-2012
[Image: MetalGearForever.gif]
08-12-2012, 08:50 PM

A.G. Wrote:This attempts to be funny, like Metal Gear Awesome, but just doesn't get the job done.

A better project would've been creating serious cutscenes and possibly looking into fitting them into the emulated version of the game.

Would you have liked it if there was more shit and piss?
08-12-2012, 10:40 PM

No, but there wasn't one thing here that was funny. I think cutting back to see the players reaction to certain parts would've been a good idea.
08-13-2012, 03:09 AM

I'm working as hard as I can on part three. Can't say much more about it because it would spoil the fun.

Take into account that I work and study as well, and I'm having some serious exams this very september, so please mind the delay (this, plus working on this project was what kept me away from posting here as much as I would like). I can't tell for sure when it'll be done, it could be months, but I hope you'll enjoy the final result.
08-13-2012, 08:43 AM

Part I -> Part III? What is this, Alpha MGS2?
08-13-2012, 11:59 PM

I can't stop re-watching the part where he's smiling at his fist

help me
08-16-2012, 03:57 AM

A.G. Wrote:This attempts to be funny, like Metal Gear Awesome, but just doesn't get the job done.
No man I don't think you get it. I started working about some writing and ideas, and that led to quite a bit of ideas. It ended up being-when Project Jacob fell through years ago just now I had more than a video's worth of ideas that seemed fertile and interesting. And thus I'd been toying around with the idea of taking Project Jacob out of being just a narrative about Jake Snake and addressing something that had gotten higher up on the list of importance to me over the years, which has just been kind of what's happening to Metal Gear fans and the direction we've taken as a community. And it felt kind of dangerous to expand The Snake Soup into that, and risky, and that seemed like at this point in my life a good thing. And so I worked from the idea that I was going to in a way make something that is only entertaining to those who actually played Metal Gear. And I was going to write it from various points of view of people in that world and have no real narrative that went from point A to B, but just glimpses, snapshots, Polaroids going by. And it started as an experiment of just seeing how that would work, and within the month the script was pretty much written, which is extremely fast for me. And I knew, OK, I'm four-fifths of the way there, I'm committed to this idea. And it still feels good and it still feels — like when I first started I didn't know if it would just be terrible or if it might be all right, you know. And as it started going it "feeled" itself and it turned into something that really felt strong to me. But I wound up with a problem at the end. And the problem was: I now had a collection of scenes that made sense to me because I knew what the backstory was. And I should interject then that right at the beginning of this phase of getting off tour, about a year ago I came back to LA, I was like, wow, what a thrill... With darkness and silence through the night What a thrill... I'm searching and I'll melt into you What a fear in my heart But you're so supreme! I'd give my life Not for honour, but for you! [Snake Eater] In my time there'll be no one else Crime, it's the way I fly to you! [Snake Eater] I'm still in a dream, Snake Eater! Someday you go through the rain. And someday, you feed on a tree frog. This ordeal, the trial to survive for the day we see new light! I'd give my life. Not for honour, but for you! In my time there'll be no one else. Crime, it's the way I fly to you! I'm still in a dream, Snake Eater! I am still in a dream, Snake Eater!

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)