Christopher Randolph on Otacon/Huey.
01-16-2018, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 11:54 PM by Higharolla Kockamamie.)
RE: Christopher Randolph on Otacon/Huey.
(01-16-2018 10:21 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  I can't believe I never made the connection to Madnar with that line from Gurlukovich. I feel so stupid now.

Don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty smart for figuring that one out aren't I?Tongue

Not the only time Madnar is directly referenced in the Solid games either, his name pops up again in 4 although that's supposed to be his daughter.
01-17-2018, 01:24 AM
In MGS4 it's stupid, that's what it is. Solid Snake doesn't even react to hearing that name. It's probably a message from Kojima to the old school fans that the game is stupid and should be disregarded. At least, I hope that's what it is.
01-17-2018, 01:52 AM
It was dumb that Snake had no real reaction, but was still kinda neat to find a direct reference to the MSX titles in an entry as late as Guns of The Patriots.
01-17-2018, 08:14 AM
...if it served any purpose. It's literately name-throwing and if I remember they don't even elaborate who the goddamn guy was. Didn't they even cut the codec call where they talk about Madnar and his daughter?

But to be fair, at the time 4 came out Metal Gear was 21 years old game. Trying to tie in the events and characters (with their arcs already closed) of old games with MGS4 was probably one of the biggest mistakes the game ever made Seems like a waste of time to even bother to throw in shit from the MSX era when the Call of Duty audience haven't even played the earlier games.

...which begs the question which demographic was MGS4 even made for?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)