Chico became Gray Fox
04-06-2017, 12:44 PM
RE: Chico became Gray Fox
I really do think that the reason why we don't see Fox and other events we've heard about in MGSV is because Kojima knew that he just wasn't up to the task of writing it, that no matter what he came up with, it would be disappointing, and maybe that train of thought led to the Big Boss in the game not being Big Boss at all. The thing is, there are a lot of elements of MGSV's story I like, but it's all put together in a sloppy, disappointing way. I do think that the twist at the end redeems a lot of the story and makes it much more interesting, but the big problem is that the game gets so bogged down in the parasite stuff. It seems like there was more interest in making a fun game that finally did justice to Kojima's original concept of Metal Gear from the late 80's, and in putting in certain themes, rather than writing a good story, which like I said, he probably didn't think he was capable of.
04-06-2017, 06:29 PM
That theory holds as much water as you people have respect for me, and I say that because if your theory were true, than what we did get after MGS1 wouldn't have been worse than a kick to the nuts with a frozen boot.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
09-13-2017, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2017 06:03 PM by BigB0SS.)
Remember when everyone was speculating Chico had become Quiet? Like he was transgender or had a sex change? That shit would have been hilarious. I kind of wish they had gone with that. At least would have added some entertainment value to TPP. Especially when Medic Snake found out he had a thing for a tranny.
09-14-2017, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 11:25 AM by SexyKaz.)
I honestly think that twist could've had potential. They could've tackled an issue that really hasn't been handled in a video game. I would've loved the outbursts of all the 13-year old boys and those with mindset of a 13-year old boys when they'd find out their absurdly hot stripper sniper (a snipper or striper, if you will) turned out to be... well, a 13-year old boy.

If they had gone with the idea they should've recast Antony Del Rio for the role.

Instead we got parasites which, to be honest, would have probably turned Chico into a chick-o if Kojima had anything to do with that.
09-14-2017, 01:10 PM
After a few select scenes in Piss Taker, I'm more curious to know if Kaz ends up having a third leg...

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-15-2017, 07:50 PM
The whole tranny thing would have fit this political climate too. Would have been praised, no doubt. What, with all the weird surge/phenomenon in LGBT.
09-16-2017, 03:07 AM
More genders now than varieties of Heinz for fuck's sake.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-16-2017, 04:01 PM
No kidding. Transgender, pansexual, asexual, polysexual, etc. Not that I think there weren't LGBT before. But these past few years, it's like everyone is "coming out" of the woodwork.
09-16-2017, 05:51 PM
"Coming out?" More like "so bored and entitled that they're making up the craziest shit they can to see what they can get away with."

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-16-2017, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2017 07:06 PM by BigB0SS.)
Exactly. I don't know what half those terms even mean. You're a space alien who wants to marry a raccoon? I think most of the usa has gone batshit crazy to be honest.
09-17-2017, 03:17 AM
All of North America, really. It's a disgusting thing to witness. People in this place have it so easy that their lives are rendered so useless and pointless that, I believe, they're now scrambling to find an excuse to justify their own existence. And since North American culture is such victim-culture, where nobody is able to stand up for themselves because of how accustomed they're become to being victimized, they just make up problems that they can then try to "fix" in order to validate themselves. And the more and more fucked up it gets, people just go crazy, either due to having to deal with this shit, or from being part of it, and we wind up with mass murders and suicides.

Look at places like Africa and the Middle East, where waking up in the morning is a victory and every moment of life is a struggle. How much murder/suicide and school shootings do you see there that aren't merely a by-product of war? Nothing compared to the amount here, despite how easy and good we all have it.

The worse things get here, the more I question if I should bother staying here, doing what I do for these people.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

09-17-2017, 11:41 AM
If Quiet did turn out to be Trans Chico, and 'Trans Chico' would've actually been his codename revealed by secret cassette tape by Skullface where all those helicopter poses were to get Big Boss to sleep with a dude as one of Skullface's many complex intricate conspiritrial plans for Revenge, then most of the vidya gaymes press and Anita Sarcastic would be extolling the genius of Quiet rather than obligatory virtue signalling articles about exploitation of women then used as a springboard for leftist government intervention.

Then again you'd still wind up with articles criticising Kojima for making a Trans character a result of torturd abusive childhood trauma, thus perpetuating uncomfortably true 'stereotypes' that are 'negative.' So you can't ever win with the crazy crowd who now threaten people for not taking seriously the brave new world where you can be fired or incarcerated for not playing along with some idiot's belief that they can be a man on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, a woman on every other day, and an indistinguishable non binary 'I occupy two different Schrodinger dimensions' state of beings every full moon cycle and thus should be referred to as 'they' and other plaural pronouns. They are in this purely for irritating revolutionary purposes that are intended to be perpetual.

But the joke would be on Skullface as you weren't Big Boss after all! Revenge failure!
09-17-2017, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 12:36 PM by BigB0SS.)
(09-17-2017 03:17 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  All of North America, really. It's a disgusting thing to witness. People in this place have it so easy that their lives are rendered so useless and pointless that, I believe, they're now scrambling to find an excuse to justify their own existence. And since North American culture is such victim-culture, where nobody is able to stand up for themselves because of how accustomed they're become to being victimized, they just make up problems that they can then try to "fix" in order to validate themselves. And the more and more fucked up it gets, people just go crazy, either due to having to deal with this shit, or from being part of it, and we wind up with mass murders and suicides.

Look at places like Africa and the Middle East, where waking up in the morning is a victory and every moment of life is a struggle. How much murder/suicide and school shootings do you see there that aren't merely a by-product of war? Nothing compared to the amount here, despite how easy and good we all have it.

The worse things get here, the more I question if I should bother staying here, doing what I do for these people.

I think you're right about victim complex. Seems a lot of people in the USA (perhaps other parts of NA), are narcissistic bullies who push their way around. Then play the victim complex when anyone confronts them on their bs. This is what happens when you have a society full of low intelligence people who have some god complex. Great example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect. You have stupid people who think they're smarter / more skilled than they really are and leads to unrestrained hubris. In the case of America, everyone thinks they're above reproach, training, correction, etc. Then you have the smarter people who see their own flaws, and realize whatever knowledge or skills they have are limited in the grand scope of things. Humbleness is now mistaken as lack of confidence. Combine all of this with the meds people are on.

Really what you see in USA is just a small version of what the country stands for. USA is a nation of bullies who get pissed when anyone calls them out on stupidity and evil bs.
01-05-2018, 03:21 AM
Would have been a more interesting idea than just killing him off offscreen.

Given the open nature of V I picture him as a recurring bossfight, while you're stalking around the jungle Chico may be stalking you or a singular bossfight in a wide open area ala The End but not a sniper duel, instead two hidden predators stalking each other, could have been cool.

Damn, so much wasted potential with V, what a shame the game didn't come together as the masterpiece it should have been and is instead disjointed and just kinda messy.

(09-17-2017 12:34 PM)BigB0SS Wrote:  
(09-17-2017 03:17 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  
Then play the victim complex when anyone confronts them on their bs. This is

Sure sounds like feminists like Anita Sarkeesian and the so called "social justice warriors" in general, these people can NOT handle any criticism no matter how fair it tries to be.

I really can't believe we've found ourselves in the situation where the core tenet of "liberalism" is to shout down any criticism, shut down any debate and try to control people's minds through guilt tripping and good old fashioned bullying, it's shameful and why America finds itself in the bad situation it's in.

But like you said, I think narcissism is the reason why.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)