Camp Omega on the Southern tip of Cuba [mini-rant] (spoilers)
03-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Camp Omega on the Southern tip of Cuba [mini-rant] (spoilers)
I think it is dumb how everyone (at least online) is focusing on "oh mah god mah misogyny" or "torture and rape 2 much 4 me" like the past MGS games (excluding GOTP) didn't have torture. Look at what happens to Snake in MGS3, wasn't that "too much". No 'cause he's got a dick.
Or in MGS1. Both Snake and Meryl get tortured and even "worst things" happen to the female of the bunch. But that was OK because it was off-screen.

To sum it up all the prevailing opinions about the game I've seen are either the already classic "It's a demo" or "Kojima went too far this time".
I seriously didn't see anyone mention how the main mission & cassette tapes are basically commentary on the real life Guantanamo Bay camps and black sites in general.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
03-24-2014, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2014 03:30 PM by DarthCaligula.)
RE: Camp Omega on the Southern tip of Cuba [mini-rant] (spoilers)
So people are getting mad about the torture stuff? I actually like that it's in the game. It goes with what Kojima has been trying to show from practically the beginning with this series, that war is horrible and not all fun like some Hollywood movie. Also, Chico and Paz's voice actors are pretty good, they manage to pull of the torture stuff quite well. So is everyone getting pissed about how it very strongly implies that Paz is raped over and over?
By the way, did I correctly understand Chico's fifth tape I think it was, that Skull Face forced Chico to rape Paz? I really wonder what it must be like for people who played Peace Walker and grew to like these characters to see all this.
03-24-2014, 03:34 PM
RE: Camp Omega on the Southern tip of Cuba [mini-rant] (spoilers)
"By the way, did I understand Chico's fifth tape I think it was, that Skull Face forced Chico to rape Paz?"

That was actually in the 4th tape. It isn't 100% certain that it happens since it skips after Skullfuck tells Chico to do it. But it probably did.
Whatever happened, Chico ends up talking.

Everyone should just shut up for a second.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)