Camp Omega is coming back!
10-07-2015, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2015 06:57 PM by sput.)
RE: Camp Omega is coming back!
I played 3 comm capture matches today. Base capture, basically. Went well, did okay, but every single time on the last round in the last minute the host disconnects because it's going to ruin his stats or he's mad.

That would be fine if you could actually KEEP YOUR FUCKING PROGRESS. That's right, you can be 27 mins into a half hour game and gone up 3 levels, and lose those levels because the host quits.

I'm still level 1. What's the point in even playing it?

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-07-2015, 07:57 PM
(10-07-2015 06:56 PM)sput Wrote:  I played 3 comm capture matches today. Base capture, basically. Went well, did okay, but every single time on the last round in the last minute the host disconnects because it's going to ruin his stats or he's mad.

That would be fine if you could actually KEEP YOUR FUCKING PROGRESS. That's right, you can be 27 mins into a half hour game and gone up 3 levels, and lose those levels because the host quits.

I'm still level 1. What's the point in even playing it?

Level insurance is coming next.
10-08-2015, 03:49 AM
Did anyone not think the new MGO wasn't going to be shit?

-
10-08-2015, 04:08 AM
(10-08-2015 03:49 AM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  Did anyone not think the new MGO wasn't going to be shit?

I know the Soup meme is that MGS is just absolute shit, but MGO1 and 2 were actually pretty fun once they got most of the bugs worked out. Is it so surprising that people have hope for online?

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-08-2015, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 06:03 AM by Artful Dodger.)
I'm much more cynical about MGO than whatever I am about the single player games. Most of my memories of MGO 2 were pretty lame. Still remember that one time me and the clan I was in were playing a tournament game, and some skidmark was doing that trick where they're hiding someplace under a cardboard box, with no line of sight to you at all, and they somehow kill you.

Also, games with friendly fire left on = not too much fun. Never mind the opposing team, the biggest threat is in fact...your OWN FRIGGING TEAMMATES. It was just a shitty rat race.

Getting to play as Snake during Sneaking mode was a huge thrill though. That mode was pretty good.

-
10-09-2015, 06:15 AM
(09-24-2015 10:43 AM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  All that "never been done" talk and it's just an MP map, just like Groznyj Grad was an MP map.

Yep. That, and like 95% of all the CoD multiplayer maps ever made. Hell, some are even from previous games that they shove in the DLC to make it look like you're getting more maps, when in reality you're just paying for a slightly higher resolution map that you already own....

"Never been done", lol. It's almost like Kojima has never played any other game,.....ever. Including his own apparently. -_-

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Didn't you hear? Game devs aren't gamers themselves.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-09-2015, 09:45 AM
But that's just the thing though. I don't believe Kojima was referring to an MP map when he said what he did. This is probably just Konami releasing false PR to cover up what might've been either an undeveloped idea on Kojima's part or something they didn't allow him to do or they just don't know what they're talking about.

It wouldn't be the first time, or abnormal that something got put on the cutting room floor. Kojima also wanted players to create their own side-ops on the map for example, but that didn't occur. I'm sure every game had things that never made it in and were perhaps saved for sequels, more powerful hardware.
10-12-2015, 07:02 AM

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Haha this mgo can suck my dick.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
10-13-2015, 02:00 AM
So, MGO is yet again another Stealth camo party? It seems an image that's here (Soup) somewhere about MGS4's online still can be applied to the new MGO.

[Image: Zanzibarlandsymbol.jpg]
10-13-2015, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 04:36 AM by SexyKaz.)
^You mean this?

[Image: variationaldifferences.gif]

Stealth Camo in MGO3 isn't as much of a problem here as its battery life is very brief and you got the Scout items like NVG's and marker grenades. Too bad nobody on the internet but me ever plays as a Scout so the match usually turns into a spawn-kill-fest most of the time...

BTW does anybody know what your after-match GMP prize is based on? While fucking around I used to get 200 to 100 GMP per match and now on lvl 20 or so I only get 10-20. Even though I do significantly better than what I did when I started playing online.
10-13-2015, 05:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 05:08 AM by sput.)
Theres no point in playing as anything but infiltrator because of the unlock table. We even get an LMG.

It's not GMP, just GP. In automatch It's 100 for winning both rounds, 50 for winning one round.

For private games it's 20 for winning both rounds and 10 for losing.

Anybody on PS4 want to boost? I went up 10 levels in a few hours. I want the ascention GP bonus.

Benny Harvey, RIP
10-13-2015, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015 10:12 PM by JohnnySasaki20.)
(10-08-2015 04:08 AM)sput Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 03:49 AM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  Did anyone not think the new MGO wasn't going to be shit?

I know the Soup meme is that MGS is just absolute shit, but MGO1 and 2 were actually pretty fun once they got most of the bugs worked out. Is it so surprising that people have hope for online?

Yes, yes it is. MGO sucks a giant turd. MGS4's online wasn't terrible eventually, but eventually is the key work there. It sucked ass for the majority of it's tenure.

Earlier I Wrote:You forgot about the reptilian shapeshifting raptor aliens, from the planet Nibiru, that live in deep underground bases, who are in cahoots with the Nazi ODESSA Fourth Reich, which is being secretly commanded by Hitler, Elvis, and Tupac Shakur, that have been enslaving us as a genetically designed alien/human hybrid race for thousands of years, by using the illuminati skull and bones freemason society, who built the pyramids with their flying saucers, and are living in the 6 thousand year old hollow earth, via an entrance in Antarctica, to construct a New World Order, which was outlined and enforced by the secret Bilderberg and Council on Foreign Relations groups, at Bohemian Grove, where they dance around naked and worship a devil owl, and developed their master draconian Agenda 21 plan to alter the weather via contrails and HAARP, and eventually depopulate the earth by killing billions of people in FEMA camps. They killed JFK, and Stanley Kubrick faked the moon landings at Area 51. .....also,...uhh,....Jimmy Hoffa...
10-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Man, I so wanna boot up my PAL Subsistence disk to play the only good MGO there was - but nobody plays PAL, eveybody goes NTSC.

FUCK.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)