Camp Omega is coming back!
09-23-2015, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2015 03:26 PM by jdnation.)
Camp Omega is coming back!
Remember this?

“People will be able to return to Camp Omega in The Phantom Pain,” he (Kojima) told Geoff Keighley in a Gamescom video interview.

“There’s actually something of a big feature involved, which has never been done in the games industry before. I can’t go into detail about it, but I think when you experience it for yourselves you’ll be surprised. It’s something that’s only possible through video games.”

http://www.pcgamer.com/prepare-the-perfe...r-solid-5/

Well...

Remember a while back, Kojima confirmed that they had a feature in works for The Phantom Pain which will allow players to revisit Camp Omega provided they own a copy of Ground Zeroes?

Turns out it was a feature connected to Metal Gear Online. Robert confirmed that it will be one of the mission areas in Metal Gear Online 3 [which we already know about] and not something that is connected to the story. He further clarified in another tweet that events from Ground Zeroes are only highlighted in the game and players don’t get to play in Camp Omega.

http://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-solid-5...-clarified

Another limb of Kojima's vision, cut at will by Konami?

[Image: Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2...-Omega.jpg]
09-23-2015, 04:28 PM
RE: Camp Omega is coming back!
Yeah, that was fucking retarded.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
09-24-2015, 10:43 AM
All that "never been done" talk and it's just an MP map, just like Groznyj Grad was an MP map.

This game needs a serious expose on it's whole production process, to find out just what the hell went wrong.

-
09-24-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't fucking think Camp Omega being in TPP was the thing "never done before". Shit's got to be mistranslated again or something. I mean Kojima kept saying the same thing about the whole game.
09-25-2015, 09:34 AM
I just made a google search for "never done before" kojima and I am surprised at the kind of crap people are Congo up with, really. Many probing unexplored depths of stupidity.
I think the "never done before" thing will turn out to be the inclusion of a lame unfinished ending on a separate disc...
A shame to go on bantering crap before it actually happens.
09-25-2015, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2015 10:59 AM by jdnation.)
I believe it's pretty clear that this was either one of Kojima's ideas that didn't pan out or something Konami prevented him from finishing.

The "It's just an MP map" reeks of a Konami PR misdirection.

A chief proof being that Kojima's trailers highlighted entire cutscenes at Camp Omega that are reportedly nowhere in the final game?
09-25-2015, 04:37 PM
Yeah hopefully in a few years when the dust settles Kojima will be able to do a tell-all of all the shit that was going on in the development process.
09-28-2015, 08:28 AM
(09-25-2015 04:37 PM)Repugnance Wrote:  in a few years when the dust settles Kojima will be able to do a tell-all of all the shit that was going on in the development.
And by then I would expect most of us would not really bother to listen... Who wants to know about how to bring on a big clusterfuck and feel sorry for something that could have been? I am already done with this...
09-28-2015, 02:10 PM
All these games have had stuff they was planned and never used. Funny thing is they released MGS4 without a shitstorm drama and it still felt unfinished. I mean was it ever explained what the taboo thing was all about? Or was that just Ground Zeroes they set us up the bomb etc. I mean he did have to quit, I just wonder.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
09-28-2015, 02:23 PM
(09-28-2015 02:10 PM)Code_R Wrote:  All these games have had stuff they was planned and never used. Funny thing is they released MGS4 without a shitstorm drama and it still felt unfinished. I mean was it ever explained what the taboo thing was all about? Or was that just Ground Zeroes they set us up the bomb etc. I mean he did have to quit, I just wonder.

MGS4's missing features were mainly having:
- Two opposing sides that you could choose to join or go against. But this was just a really cosmetic thing for the most part that didn't add much and you could only do so with regards to one side.
- A persistent world where you could destroy certain things that would stay destroyed, or do something where if you came back later it would have some kind of effect etc. But most of these things were ditched.
- The scale of the game changed likely as a result of PS3's hardware downgrading by ditching a 2nd Cell for a last-minute weaker graphic card.

The taboo topic Kojima mentioned likely had to do with racism, child soldiers etc. which are considered 'taboo' from a gaming standpoint. The theme of Race was something he hid from Konami higher-ups in particular. How that turned out I don't know as I'm still playing through MGSV.
09-29-2015, 07:17 AM
Child torture and molestation, and also "rape in the military"... or attempted rape at the very least... It is not difficult to notice these are game-taboo topics in Kojima's mind.
10-05-2015, 08:09 AM
To be honest, why did Camp Omega need to be brought back anyways? Kojima may have wanted to bring it back but seems unnecessary. If I want to play more Camp Omega all I have to do is pop in Ground Zeroes.
10-05-2015, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2015 11:50 AM by jdnation.)
It probably would've tied into the thing with,,,

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Paz at Mother Base in the medical wing, and maybe after you collect the pictures you had to return back to Camp Omega to verify something. I don't know as I haven't finished the game yet and only got 3 pictures so far.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER
10-07-2015, 03:11 PM
I think I've been in disbelief since September 12th, which was when I pretty much beat The Phantom Pain. To stick to the matter at hand here, I was hoping we might make a return to Camp Omega in The Phantom Pain. But it's been reduced to a map in MGO3.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
10-07-2015, 05:36 PM
Here it is in action! Such fun! Much Espionage! So Cooperative teamplay!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)