CONFIRMED: GZ content NOT in TPP
11-18-2013, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2013 10:05 AM by jdnation.)
CONFIRMED: GZ content NOT in TPP
So it is a separate game. Period. According to Sean Eyestone in latest KP Report.

Ground Zeroes is an integral part of the Metal Gear Solid V experience.” Eyestone (hosting the show) explained.

According to the staff, Ground Zeroes serves as a prologue that lets you get used to the new style of gameplay and the controls, it sets up the story and introduces you to the overal world.

Jorge Mendoza emphasized that Ground Zeroes is a game in itself: “It’s not just one mission.” Sean Eyestone added that it will feature ‘several hours of gameplay’.

“It’s a different product.” Eyestone explained. “The same stuff that’s in Ground Zeroes will not be in The Phantom Pain. You should definitely play it and get yourself ready for The Phantom Pain.”

A bit later on the podcast, the topic came up again, and the staff made some more comments about it.

“It’s not just one mission.” Eyestone assured once again. “There are several missions in Ground Zeroes, and we’ve shown a few of them so far.” However, he did not want to say how many missions there are going to be exactly.

“Rest assured that there’s a good amount of gameplay within the Ground Zeroes package, and it’s not something that you’ll get though in just a couple of hours. So you’ll be playing for a long time.” Eyestone continued. “If you want to really explore everything, there are a lot of side missions, side objectives, and if you want to do all that, then that of course multiplies the gameplay as well. So there’s a lot to do, bottom line.”

Lots more news from Report summarized here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php...tcount=188

Full Report
http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/...00277.html

Welp... guess I have to buy GZ now, thankfully that was cleared up. The onyl question now is whether to get it for current or next-gen. I'm going to wait to see how much of a difference there is between the two versions when comparisons go up, as I doubt KP will show of anything other than the PS4 version. if the difference is significant enough, I just might have to bite the bullet and get a PS4...

Then again given next-gen is digital only outside of Japan, I'd prefer the disc version for PS3. Or they might announce a disc version later...
11-18-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: CONFIRMED: GZ content NOT in TPP
konami usa tired of kojimas bullshit
11-19-2013, 08:42 PM
They're looking to pad this up to justify the $30 price tag with a main story mission and side ops. Still not entirely convinced, but collectors should go with the physical retail disc and everyone else planning to get a next gen console may as well download it.

I can already see an ultimate edition down the line, but it won't be for some time.

[Image: iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif]
11-20-2013, 10:28 AM
It won't be too hard to pad. Because, let's be honest, the bulk of Peace Walker's extra missions were fighting the same damn tank/helicopter over and over and over and over and over and over again on larger difficulties with more stuff shooting at you.

I'm expecting this to be the same thing. Look forward to GZ boss fight ending on fiery MSF platform with you trying to take out a bunch of helicopters with an rpg and some rations, Raiden-style.

Then look forward to doing that over and over again in Extra-ops to get a trophy.
11-20-2013, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 02:37 PM by THEND.)
(11-20-2013 10:28 AM)jdnation Wrote:  It won't be too hard to pad. Because, let's be honest, the bulk of Peace Walker's extra missions were fighting the same damn tank/helicopter over and over and over and over and over and over again on larger difficulties with more stuff shooting at you.

I'm expecting this to be the same thing. Look forward to GZ boss fight ending on fiery MSF platform with you trying to take out a bunch of helicopters with an rpg and some rations, Raiden-style.

Then look forward to doing that over and over again in Extra-ops to get a trophy.

it might be too much to ask that they don't do this but a satisfying metal gear battle is a must

edit: I guess there's always the off-chance of zeke being stolen again...then snake must "get it back" in phantom pain sorta like wat ocelot did with ray in mgs2. hmm....
11-20-2013, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 03:49 PM by jdnation.)
Interesting detail brought up in interviews is that Boss has only one chopper to call in GZ, and that's woven into the story. Likely because MSF has grounded all the fleet for the weapons inspection and Snake manages to jus take one with him to get Chico and go back ASAP.

Yeah, there could be something to do with Zeke there. I'm guessing that Camp Omega area is not the only area in Ground Zeroes. Yes it begins there, and yes every side op and extra mission will use that one map. But I have a feeling that we're going to have to go back to Mother Base towards the end of the single player and there'll be a more linear cinematic-driven type level that leads up tot he climax of the prologue chapter.

What I'm thinking is that:
- Game begins just as we've seen, Snake climbing up cliff, then we infiltrate Camp Omega.
- We go to where we obviously think Chico is, but there's a complication, we need to go deeper in.
- We eventually do find Chico and learn where Paz is being held, which turns out to be someplace else.
- We take Chico to an extraction zone.
- We return to Mother Base. All hell is breaking lose.
- More linear level gameplay, all action versus earlier where it was infiltration, shooting dudes, stuff blowing up. Get Kaz to chopper.
- Boss battle, MSF platform open arena, taking out choppers, maybe even using Zeke. Stuff blows up, Zeke gets taken out, Snake and Kaz get on chopper. Shit goes wrong. Get shot down. Get taken to hospital. Snake in coma. Kaz cries.
-End credits. (We are not your kind of peeeeeople...)
- Mind blowing post-credits scene. The Boss and cobra unit are all still alive, whadathunk? Get recycled as bosses in TPP as shown in new trailer for TPP.
- Alternate end game costume accessory unlocked: it's a pair of googly eyes glasses for Snake to wear in place of NV goggles because you can't believe what the fuck you just saw.
11-20-2013, 04:17 PM
This is all fucking awful

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
11-20-2013, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2013 04:25 PM by hellrasinbrasin.)
http://www.ncsx.com/2013/111813/ncs1118w.htm

PS3/PS4 Standard Edition run $33.90
PS4 Konami Style Special Edition $198.90
PS4 Wired x Limited Edition $459.90 * Limited to 1300 Units
11-20-2013, 08:47 PM
(11-20-2013 03:49 PM)jdnation Wrote:  Interesting detail brought up in interviews is that Boss has only one chopper to call in GZ, and that's woven into the story. Likely because MSF has grounded all the fleet for the weapons inspection and Snake manages to jus take one with him to get Chico and go back ASAP.
new trailer for TPP.

or maybe snake sneaks past inspectors around the various struts of mother base and hijacks a helicopter to pick up chico but someone launches a nuke from mother base...snake instead of becoming a stalwart gets tired of the bullshit and instead seeks revenge against whoever set them up rather than go through the trouble of clearing any names...AGAIN

obviously the fact that they have a metal gear and certain capabilities would be enough to justify using their own capabilities against them to weaken this globally autonomous and powerfully armed mercenary company.

Also a new trailer for TPP is a must!
11-22-2013, 07:33 PM
I'll get the game like I always do since MGS HD.. buy the english one digitally, or the regular retail version as cheap as possible, limited edition-premium packwhatever from japan... and this time I'll get the PS4 version in japanese so when I finally get a PS4 I'll have something to play with...

[Image: banner.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)