Big Shell coming to MGO3
01-12-2016, 03:40 AM
Big Shell coming to MGO3
Or how Mother Base should've been all along instead of those 3 billion km connection bridges.

[Image: MGO-Mother-Base-Map.jpg]

It's DLC so no way you're going to get it without paying atleast 10.99 of currency. They're also looking for a name for the map. Since the name must be <COLOR> and <PLACE OR OTHER BULLSHIT> My suggestion would be "Orange The host has disconnected sorry for ur XP".

also something about PC Beta starting today.
01-12-2016, 04:49 AM
RE: Big Shell coming to MGO3
Isn't Konami just gonna shut the servers down in two weeks anyway?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
01-12-2016, 05:22 AM
Doesn't even look like Big Shell. The bridges are supposed to connect through doors in struts. Not by rooftop.
01-12-2016, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 05:53 AM by Canucklehead.)
Well, to be fair, indoor environments is something Metal Gear hasn't been doing well at since 2001.

Wonder if they're adding MGS1 locales (though I have yet to play MGO, so for all I know, the entirety of Shadow Moses is playable though not bloody likely).

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-12-2016, 07:04 AM
(01-12-2016 05:22 AM)BigB0SS Wrote:  Doesn't even look like Big Shell. The bridges are supposed to connect through doors in struts. Not by rooftop.
Fair, but it still is an orange offshore facility with hexagon struts connected by walkways.

Which is why, instead of Mother base, they should've moved directly to Zanzibar Land's huge ass Tower Building. I'd have much more fun navigating the spiral corridors of its 1st floor.
01-12-2016, 08:37 AM
I imagine they'll include the MGS4 version of Shadow Moses at some point. The Snowfield around the Comms Towers would be cool to shoot it out in.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-12-2016, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 09:16 AM by BigB0SS.)
(01-12-2016 07:04 AM)SexyKaz Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 05:22 AM)BigB0SS Wrote:  Doesn't even look like Big Shell. The bridges are supposed to connect through doors in struts. Not by rooftop.
Fair, but it still is an orange offshore facility with hexagon struts connected by walkways.

Which is why, instead of Mother base, they should've moved directly to Zanzibar Land's huge ass Tower Building. I'd have much more fun navigating the spiral corridors of its 1st floor.

I thought you were being serious about Big Shell being a legit DLC. I can see why you would think it resembles Big Shell. I was just thinking how piss poor of a job they did if it was legit. Yea Zanzibar Land would have been awesome.

Also agree with Canucklehead about indoor... where is all the urban/indoor combat? I miss that side of MG. MGS3 and 4 were mostly outside but still had indoor segments. Where are the Camp Omega's of TPP? Just a bunch of small outposts and a heliport 1/3 scale of Camp Omega. Playing Ground Zeroes after TPP actually is enjoyable because feels more MG in some ways.

(01-12-2016 08:37 AM)Canucklehead Wrote:  I imagine they'll include the MGS4 version of Shadow Moses at some point. The Snowfield around the Comms Towers would be cool to shoot it out in.

Definitely would be cool to see some classic MG settings. Groznyj Grad from MGS3/MGO2 would be cool too.
01-12-2016, 09:57 AM
I think that Ground Zeroes is actually better designed than Phantom Pain. It doesn't have half the amount of shit to do, but what is there is better than what Phantom Pain also offers. Phantom Pain just has a fuck-ton more shit to do and ways to do it.

I'd love more than anything for an old 8-bit top-down view MGO. Teams of 2 vs 2 using the old-school weapons and shit...be sweet.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-12-2016, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2016 04:56 PM by BigB0SS.)
That would be tight. Would be interesting to see them revisit some of the older Metal Gears. I wouldn't be surprised if they completely remade MG1 and 2 though with Fox engine.
01-13-2016, 07:27 AM
Quote:I thought you were being serious about Big Shell being a legit DLC.
Lol ok Big Grin carry on then.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)