Big Boss in MG 1 (Spoilers)
09-15-2015, 08:20 PM
Big Boss in MG 1 (Spoilers)
Soo during MG1 does this mean that Venom Snake is cooperating with the real Big Boss to try and kill Solid Snake or is Big Boss really sending in Solid Snake to kill Venom Snake because hes becoming a problem?
09-15-2015, 08:24 PM
RE: Big Boss in MG 1 (Spoilers)
I believe this fan made comic illustrates the answer to your question perfectly:

http://shawcody34.tumblr.com/post/128937...ine-people

This is my signature. Like you give a fuck.
09-15-2015, 08:32 PM
I like it. I love that Quiet is Venom Snake's special buddy exclusively.
09-15-2015, 09:41 PM
(09-15-2015 08:20 PM)Everardo_G Wrote:  Soo during MG1 does this mean that Venom Snake is cooperating with the real Big Boss to try and kill Solid Snake or is Big Boss really sending in Solid Snake to kill Venom Snake because hes becoming a problem?
People seem to keep forgetting that Solid Snake was never sent into Outer Heaven to kill Big Boss. His official mission from FOXHOUND was to rescue Gray Fox. After finding out about Metal Gear, the mission parameters changed and he was ordered to destroy Metal Gear. However, he was chosen by Big Boss for the mission because he was expected to fail. At the time it was written, it was that simple.

However, with the later retcon of Solid Snake being a clone of BB, it's likely that Big Boss' ulterior motive was to kill his clone. With the deleted chapter of MGSV, Liquid was supposed to have been left for dead, so Big Boss would have assumed he never survived (and Liquid didn't join FOXHOUND until after BB's "death" in 1999), and they seem to have no knowledge of Solidus' existence. So, Intrude N313 was most likely Big Boss trying to reverse the mistake Zero made and get rid of what he believed to be his last remaining clone.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
09-16-2015, 03:13 AM
(09-15-2015 08:24 PM)Elman Wrote:  I believe this fan made comic illustrates the answer to your question perfectly:

http://shawcody34.tumblr.com/post/128937...ine-people
This is exactly as I thought things would go after TPP. That Venom was killed in OH so that the real Big Boss could stay in the shadows pimpin' Zanzibar Land.
09-16-2015, 03:35 AM
(09-15-2015 09:41 PM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  So, Intrude N313 was most likely Big Boss trying to reverse the mistake Zero made and get rid of what he believed to be his last remaining clone.

But in a leaked tape it's revealed that both Big Bosses like each other and the original says they share the legacy of the name "Big Boss". I don't think BB saw Venom as just a clone.

Benny Harvey, RIP
09-16-2015, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2015 03:46 AM by Victor Katilis.)
Your main mistake is trying to rationalize it in the first place, people.

[Image: 2j2bzx2.jpg]
In the age of super-boredom, hype and mediocrity
Celebrate relentlessness, menace to society ©

Big Punisaladin Venomakedic Bossnake ©
My vision is augmented ©
ttp://i58.tinypic.com/21cbf2d.gifhttp://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/041/5/5/Burn_After_Reading_HeadshotGIF_by_Teri928.gif
09-16-2015, 05:48 AM
The fact that Venom punches the glass when he finds out about Operation Intrude would suggest that his relationship with Big Boss isn't exactly as friendly as that comic suggests. BB betraying his own phantom would be more in line with his character between V and 4.

[Image: BB2.png]
09-16-2015, 06:26 AM
(09-16-2015 05:48 AM)Jax Wrote:  The fact that Venom punches the glass when he finds out about Operation Intrude would suggest that his relationship with Big Boss isn't exactly as friendly as that comic suggests. BB betraying his own phantom would be more in line with his character between V and 4.

He sees himself covered in blood and with a bigger horn just before he punches the glass. He had to kill the very men he recruited in order to "become" Big Boss. It's what he and the real BB have made out of him: a demon ("Men Become Demons" etc). I took his punch as him refusing to see himself as a murderer/villain/demon but rather as the legend BB made him believe he was.

09-16-2015, 07:31 AM
I typed my post up late last night and wasn't very clear why I meant. By "erasing Zero's mistake" I wasn't referring to Venom, it was in reference to Liquid and Solid. BB had no issues with Venom, but hated the idea of Les Enfants Terribles. He would have assumed Liquid dead after Venom fucked him up in the deleted mission 51, so he would have believed Solid Snake to be his last remaining clone. Intrude N313 was his chance to get rid of Solid and allow himself and Venom to continue the legend of Big Boss the way they envisioned.

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
09-16-2015, 08:47 AM
During the scene where he's at the mirror...when and where is that? You can hear the sound of distant gunfire outside as well.

-
09-16-2015, 10:13 AM
(09-16-2015 08:47 AM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  During the scene where he's at the mirror...when and where is that? You can hear the sound of distant gunfire outside as well.

It's in Outer Heaven.

Judging by the Operation Intrude tape, it's probably close to or during the events of MG1.

09-16-2015, 10:45 AM
(09-16-2015 08:47 AM)Artful Dodger Wrote:  During the scene where he's at the mirror...when and where is that? You can hear the sound of distant gunfire outside as well.

You can see the Outer Heaven skull in the cracked mirror. So it's Solid Snake fucking his shit up.

[Image: BB2.png]
09-16-2015, 09:28 PM
I'd like to start by agreeing that what Big Boss put the medic through is downright hideous. To strip someone of his identity, personality, memories and even his body, all without consulting that person...sickening stuff. ( I wonder if they had to remove his eye to complete the transformation or if he lost it due to the explosion/crash). Not to mention he was made to experience and absorb Snake's past sufferings and traumas. Besides, Snake simply complied with Zero's plan ? Was such decision some sort of vow of reconciliation in order to allow Big Boss to get back in touch with the U.S. government and establish Foxhound ? Did he seriously think he would be able to deceive Cypher when it knows all about the freaking body double ?

I was reflecting upon the hypothesis that Venom could eventually become..........Solidus Snake. Curiously , there is no mention of Solidus in the timeline displayed on TPP( but they acknowledge Eli and David ). Nobody appears aware of Solidus' existence. I always found it strange how Solidus could have been a commander during the Liberian Civil War at such an early age. Remember he was part of the so called "Army of the Devil" ? What if that refers to Venom's demonic appearance , horn and all ?

What if Venom didn't really die in Outer Heaven ? What if his half-dead comatose body was recovered , given gene therapy , parasites , nanomachines , crazy plastic and reconstructive surgery and other outlandish procedures to make him a truly perfect copy of Big Boss, down to the genetic level ? What if they reconfigured his mind once again ? Erased and rewrote his past to make him believe he's always been a clone of Big Boss, born in 1972. Venom was the patriot's creation. I'd think they would still find use for him.

I may be spilling insanity here, but this series has made us perform a facepalm more than once. We've been exposed to over the top plausibility defying absurdities by the writing team. Venom Snake becoming Solidus Snake wouldn't feel out of place considering the road MGS has taken after MGS3.

I apologize for any grammatical sin or gross misspelling. English is not my first language. I'm brazilian.
09-17-2015, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015 02:59 PM by Tempunaut.)
So then some throwaway Medic would end up as President of the United States.
Yeah sure, why not. After all, this would be the same canon where the comic relief character with a spastic colon ends up boning Meryl.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)