Beyond Soup
12-15-2015, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2016 06:36 PM by Nike Schneider.)
Beyond Soup
The Snake Soup started off in 2002 as merely a Metal Gear-specific section for what was supposed to be a general gaming site with a dedicated fan covering a specific series or genre of games. Plans for this general gaming site came to a halt in 2003 so I decided to take what little I put together and just make my own Metal Gear fansite. Twelve years later we are one of the biggest and longest running Metal Gear fansites.

Many things have changed within those twelve years. I became more of a Hideo Kojima fan, eventually getting around to playing titles such as Snatcher, Policenauts (thanks for the translation, JunkerHQ!), both Zone of the Enders games, the Boktai series, etc. Policenauts is actually one of my most favorite video games that I have ever played. As someone who does not see himself as a "gamer" in that I have other hobbies which take priority, Hideo Kojima's works have always managed to captivate me.

I have decided to make The Snake Soup shift in focus from being a Metal Gear fansite to a Hideo Kojima fansite.

I considered changing the name of the site. Neo Kobe Soup was one idea, a minor reference to Snatcher, as well as Beyond Soup, a reference to Policenauts. In the end though, I'm sticking with The Snake Soup. Not only because it just makes things easier, but I think it says something; "Snake" as a character, is Hideo Kojima's creation. Konami may retain the intellectual rights and be able to shit out Pachiko machines or whatever-the-fuck they plan on doing with the Metal Gear intellectual property… but it will always be Kojima's, even if he legally cannot do anything more with it.

My introduction to Kojima began with playing as Snake in a Metal Gear game. I'm looking forward to seeing what new characters and worlds Kojima creates for us in the future. We will certainly be covering it.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
12-15-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Beyond Soup
I think we can all agree that I'm the best thing that's come from The Snake Soup.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
12-15-2015, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2015 06:15 PM by jdnation.)
[Image: dmwBwLJ.jpg]

Sounds good.

Here's hoping for PS4 Horror Game at Sony Press Con E3'16. Can't wait for the new era of Konami PR to follow!

http://mashable.com/2015/12/15/hideo-koj...9vgqjszGq1
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1157339

Now it's time to start taking bets on what his new studio will be called.

Will it still be 'Kojima Productions'? And is that why Konami is erasing all evidence of tying it to their brands?

He should call it 'Kojima Productions 2: Diamond Dogs of Liberty.'

(12-15-2015 01:49 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  I think we can all agree that I'm the best thing that's come from The Snake Soup.

[Image: Hideo-Kojima-PlayStation-Magazine-Interview.jpg]
12-16-2015, 07:36 AM
I'm surprised tou didnt see the announcement. He' partnered with Sony for a game already.

Benny Harvey, RIP
12-16-2015, 12:07 PM
It's called Steel Cog: Mist. It's about a soldier who specializes in stealth but just shoots everyone anyway, and all the bad guys have super powers.

It's a very unique game by the sounds of it.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-21-2015, 03:37 AM
Good point.
12-24-2015, 04:13 PM
You're still here, Ravi? I thought you just left this place to the wolves or something. I really wanted to see your input in my MGS2: Lost in Translation topic. If you haven't already, read the damn thing! You'll love it!
12-24-2015, 11:02 PM
(12-15-2015 01:49 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  I think we can all agree that I'm the best thing that's come from The Snake Soup.

and me

it is what it is
12-25-2015, 06:44 AM
I guess you can be my side-kick...

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

12-25-2015, 01:29 PM

Well, you & a dude by the name of Male Genitalia.

Speaking of which, what the hell ever happened to him?
12-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Fuck that faggot poser. I could kill that douche with my goddamned thumb!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-11-2016, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 12:24 PM by jdnation.)
Some guy made this...
[Image: xv7dychzoqlvka52xok1.gif]
http://kotaku.com/a-flashier-version-of-...1751451420

SHinkawa's original sketch:
[Image: e1fdgtptdpuvwsdkzyxb.jpg]

Also Shu and the team had lunch
[Image: Kojima-Yoshida-Lunch-2.jpg]
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=23702

[Image: cowzletw571firlygnvd.png]
01-11-2016, 04:07 PM
Does the armour represent how cool Kojima's games look based on the trailers while the dead skeleton inside represents the actual depth and quality of the plot?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

01-13-2016, 03:41 PM
That's exactly it!

Beyond Snake Soup would be pretty rad

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)