Artbook coming November
03-29-2016, 07:21 PM
Artbook coming November
Dark Horse putting it out. They're pretty good. Reasonable price.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1506701...6LNUYLRJ6X
05-27-2016, 11:37 PM
RE: Artbook coming November
I'm looking forward to this, mostly because Shinkawa's artwork is one of my favorite things to come out of these games, but hopefully we'll get some more interesting insights into MGSV's development, including whatever didn't make it in.

Still though, November? Fuck.

YEAH, I'M BIG BOSS
05-28-2016, 06:08 AM
The MGS1 artbook was great. It had the mandatory shit you saw in the instruction manual and promo material, but the majority was concept art, real behind-the-scenes kind of shit. It was actually worth looming through.

All the recent ones are just collections of the promo shit that everyone's already seen, and already owns if they also happen to have any previous book.

Like the games. The creation of these artbooks is just following the Capcom "paint-by-numbers" formula to making money by doing nothing.

Fuck the fans. Am I right, or am I right?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
05-28-2016, 11:29 AM
You're probably right, though Dark Horse have done some good work in the past so who knows? I'm not sure how much involvement Shinkawa will have (if any) seeing as he's no longer at Konami. Worst case scenario, like you said it'll just be all the promotional stuff we've already seen before.

I loved the MGS1 and 2 artbooks, it was amusing to see how Snake started off as literally Christopher Walken with a bandana.

YEAH, I'M BIG BOSS
05-28-2016, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 01:41 PM by John Doom.)
Speaking of the MGS1 artbook (which sadly I don't own), I was wondering if you could tell me why Snake is in front of (what it seems like) a grave in this sketch. Also, does the artbook ever mention the original 3DO version?
05-28-2016, 01:51 PM
There's no explanations for anything in the concepts section. Just little quins here and there, like a nice spash of Meryl in Snake's sneaking suit, with a bit by Shinkawa saying he only drew it because he wanted to see her in his outfit.

Most of the revelations come simply in the form of some of the earliest concept ideas, like Wolf originally being male. There's little in the way of explanations for any of the early sketches. If I had to guess, it's Snake at Frank's grave.

As for game details, it's an artbook, not a behind-the-scenes developer diary.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

05-28-2016, 01:54 PM
:\ That's too bad! Thanks for the reply Smile
07-04-2016, 12:18 PM
More money edition
[Image: The-Art-of-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Limited-Edition.jpg]

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=27314
07-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Metal Gear's art hasn't even been all that interesting since MGS2. Who gives a fuck anymore?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-08-2016, 01:27 PM
Aka cover art that nobody uses. If only the game was something that held fond memories, which a nice coffee table book could remind me of from time to time.

Suck my fat one you cheap dime store hood
07-12-2016, 02:59 AM
My only memory of MGSV was Miller being far more invested in Snake's quest for revenge. Snake himself always seemed pretty uninterested in what's supposed to be his revenge story.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

07-12-2016, 03:34 AM
Yeah that's like going wow golly gee Campbell sure acts strange around Raiden about Solid Snake in MGS2.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
07-13-2016, 12:49 PM
I totally thought the same thing. Miller's attitude is what I expected from Venom Snake/Big Boss/whatever, someone pissed off about everything he lost and out for revenge, letting his obsession turn him into a demon. But instead, he mostly just stands there, looking at everyone while Miller and Ocelot do all the talking.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)