About Ground Zeroes on PS3
06-10-2014, 05:39 PM
About Ground Zeroes on PS3
Would installing a solid state drive reduce the texture pop in and load times? I'm aware it helps the performance of some titles like GTA5 but would it be worth it in the end?
06-11-2014, 03:20 PM
RE: About Ground Zeroes on PS3
For JUST Ground Zeroes?

Don't get an SSD for console. Save up and build a PC with one. Learn to sit and wait a few mins playing with older tech.

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-12-2014, 03:47 PM
i like ground zzeros i like that theyre no life bar and you just fill up atomaticly it too hard with a life bar enemys kill you to fast in old bad metal gear!! i just wish you have sword like rising gun for are pussy lol!!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
06-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Don't forget the awesome music in Rising too.
06-13-2014, 04:37 AM
(06-12-2014 03:47 PM)metalgearfan87 Wrote:  i like ground zzeros i like that theyre no life bar and you just fill up atomaticly it too hard with a life bar enemys kill you to fast in old bad metal gear!! i just wish you have sword like rising gun for are pussy lol!!

God I want to bang you.
06-13-2014, 12:23 PM
(06-10-2014 05:39 PM)Tanooki Wrote:  Would installing a solid state drive reduce the texture pop in and load times? I'm aware it helps the performance of some titles like GTA5 but would it be worth it in the end?

At this point, I would simply plan on purchasing a PS4.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
06-14-2014, 06:36 PM
in sao paulo ps4 just ps2 with 2 scrapped off and 4 drawed on with a the marker and controller cord cut off me get riped off so sad!!

Sad

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
06-14-2014, 08:26 PM
In Amsterdam, PS4 is a VCR with the VHS slot filled with styrofoam. Sad( at least yours plays games...

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
06-16-2014, 07:14 AM
Well, I never played Ground Zeroes on PS3, but I remember there was some crashing happening on the PS3 version, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox 360 had the same problems.

MGSV is clearly next-gen shit (or current-gen, I should say). However, they've already decided to release it not only to current-gen but also to previous gen, so there's no going back on that one. I mean, not only are they obviously wanting moneys, but it is kind on their part to port the game to previous gen consoles....however, MGSV was, in my opinion, meant to be experienced on current generation systems. If you can, just hold off until you can get a PS4...or an Xbone, whichever you prefer. The biggest difference between both versions is that you get 1080-resolution on the PS4, so if you don't care about extreme HD display or whatever, you should feel more lax....oh wait; isn't the Xbone still more costly than the PS4? Eh don't let pricing deter you from making your decision. I'm not trying to start a console fanboy conflict or anything, so I'm trying not to sound subliminal when making a suggestion.

Oh, and the OP's inquiry......SSD drives, eh? But are you talking about the PS3's hard disk or something else? I know you can replace the PS3's HDD with a solid-state drive, but I don't get how doing that will improve the system's performance, apart from possibly being able to load game files better....but even I can't speak for experience on that since I don't have a solid-state HDD.
Ah, still, my advice and others' stands; hold off until you get a next-gen system, as MGSV is proper with next-gen.

Quote:
(06-14-2014 06:36 PM)Crack Dealer Wrote:  in sao paulo ps4 just ps2 with 2 scrapped off and 4 drawed on with a the marker and controller cord cut off me get riped off so sad!!
Sad

(06-14-2014 08:26 PM)Daggamuffin Wrote:  In Amsterdam, PS4 is a VCR with the VHS slot filled with styrofoam. Sad( at least yours plays games...
Sheesh. No respect towards new tech.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
06-16-2014, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 09:52 AM by Tanooki.)
(06-16-2014 07:14 AM)Old Gross Wrote:  Well, I never played Ground Zeroes on PS3, but I remember there was some crashing happening on the PS3 version, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbox 360 had the same problems.

MGSV is clearly next-gen shit (or current-gen, I should say). However, they've already decided to release it not only to current-gen but also to previous gen, so there's no going back on that one. I mean, not only are they obviously wanting moneys, but it is kind on their part to port the game to previous gen consoles....however, MGSV was, in my opinion, meant to be experienced on current generation systems. If you can, just hold off until you can get a PS4...or an Xbone, whichever you prefer. The biggest difference between both versions is that you get 1080-resolution on the PS4, so if you don't care about extreme HD display or whatever, you should feel more lax....oh wait; isn't the Xbone still more costly than the PS4? Eh don't let pricing deter you from making your decision. I'm not trying to start a console fanboy conflict or anything, so I'm trying not to sound subliminal when making a suggestion.

Oh, and the OP's inquiry......SSD drives, eh? But are you talking about the PS3's hard disk or something else? I know you can replace the PS3's HDD with a solid-state drive, but I don't get how doing that will improve the system's performance, apart from possibly being able to load game files better....but even I can't speak for experience on that since I don't have a solid-state HDD.
Ah, still, my advice and others' stands; hold off until you get a next-gen system, as MGSV is proper with next-gen.

I've never had crashing issues on mine. It's runs as smooth as it can on 8 year old hardware. I guess I was just looking for a way to squeeze as much performance out of it as I could without having to upgrade.

As you can see load times are improved and they supposedly help reduce texture pop ins and so on. I guess I'll just save up for a PS4 since TPP isn't gonna be out for quite a while. I'd never buy an Xbox One over a PS4 just because I'd be paying the same amount for inferior hardware (they just reduced the price to $399 and ditched the Kinect but you're still getting the short end of the stick). I won't have to re buy GZ either since you can apparently "TRANSFARRRR!" your data when starting the game.
06-16-2014, 11:05 AM
The only real differences you see with SSD's are when you have an OS loaded onto them. My PC boots faster than my monitor.

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-16-2014, 03:18 PM
(06-16-2014 11:05 AM)sput Wrote:  The only real differences you see with SSD's are when you have an OS loaded onto them. My PC boots faster than my monitor.
No, SSDs are simply faster. Its just that the only recommended set-up is to have your OS on a SSD and your files on a harddrive. This is due to cost and wear and tear--you don't want to be constantly writing on the SSD. Thus an OS and your programs are great for the SSD.

For Ground Zeroes (and The Phantom Pain, I suppose) I think it would be wiser to just get a PS4 than to purchase an SSD and then install it. The cost of the PS4 is more, sure, but you will end up with a set-up that should last you longer than a PS3 with an SSD. I mean, outside of The Phantom Pain, is there really any other future games for the PlayStation 3 you would be interested in, let alone utilizing the SSD for?

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
06-16-2014, 03:33 PM
The difference isn't that big on consoles anyway as that vid demonstrates. Waiting a few more seconds/minutes isn't that big of a deal.

Benny Harvey, RIP
06-16-2014, 03:58 PM
(06-16-2014 09:51 AM)Tanooki Wrote:  I've never had crashing issues on mine. It's runs as smooth as it can on 8 year old hardware. I guess I was just looking for a way to squeeze as much performance out of it as I could without having to upgrade.

As you can see load times are improved and they supposedly help reduce texture pop ins and so on. I guess I'll just save up for a PS4 since TPP isn't gonna be out for quite a while. I'd never buy an Xbox One over a PS4 just because I'd be paying the same amount for inferior hardware (they just reduced the price to $399 and ditched the Kinect but you're still getting the short end of the stick). I won't have to re buy GZ either since you can apparently "TRANSFARRRR!" your data when starting the game.
I saw the first minute (and few more seconds) of that video. That's incredible. Makes me tempted to buy an SSD HDD for my PS4, but nevermind that for now. Though I think that mostly has to do with loading files, but I say that with lack of personal experience, again. Being able to save and load files quicker is nice, though what's important is how the game loads content. If what you say is true that an SSD HDD can improve that in a game (a console game, no less), then I should looking into SSD's in the near future.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
06-16-2014, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2014 04:55 PM by Tanooki.)
(06-16-2014 03:58 PM)Old Gross Wrote:  If what you say is true that an SSD HDD can improve that in a game (a console game, no less), then I should looking into SSD's in the near future.

Just beware that if you're going to use a SSD make sure you get one that has much more space on it then you intend to use as if you fill it with too much data it will cause its write process to slow to a crawl. Using it on a PS3/4 to save data and small files is no big deal but if you download a lot of games off of the PSN it will cripple the SSD.

(06-16-2014 03:18 PM)Punished Singh Wrote:  I mean, outside of The Phantom Pain, is there really any other future games for the PlayStation 3 you would be interested in, let alone utilizing the SSD for?

As for the PS3, not really. PS4 on the other hand there are a few titles I'm looking forward too (Beyond Good and Evil 2, Far Cry 4, Mirror's Edge 2). I love Metal Gear so I'm willing to go out of my way to get the best experience my income will allow. Hell I bought a PS3 solely for MGS4 and I ended up using if for way more games then I ever though I would so I'll probably get my moneys worth out of it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)