ANOTHER GODDAMN FUCKING AMAZING TRAILER
01-31-2013, 04:09 AM
ANOTHER GODDAMN FUCKING AMAZING TRAILER

Anyone who says this game isn't CLASSIC Metal Gear is the world's biggest fucking moron. This game is more classic Metal Gear than Snake Eater or Guns of the Patriots were! Seriously, I'm fuck. I'M FUCK.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
01-31-2013, 04:40 AM

Goddamn JESUS!

Everyone should just shut up for a second.
01-31-2013, 06:13 AM
Re: ANOTHER GODDAMN FUCKING AMAZING TRAILER
Gun Animal Wrote:Anyone who says this game isn't CLASSIC Metal Gear is the world's biggest fucking moron. This game is more classic Metal Gear than Snake Eater or Guns of the Patriots were! Seriously, I'm fuck. I'M FUCK.

I'm not watching this, but

Gun Animal Wrote:CLASSIC Metal Gear

[Image: tumblr_mhgdr8QTS91r4alnuo1_400.gif]

No, no no no no no, nooooo noo, sooo wroooong, wroooooooong, wrong.
01-31-2013, 06:17 AM

This isn't classic Metal Geat, but it's fucking awesome nonetheless and I'm very much inclined to purchase it, as long as it gets released as a Day 1 Digital Download.
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM

Nothing like getting brutally stabbed, cut in half and your spinal column taken while jacking off.

That wasn't white blood btw...
01-31-2013, 11:35 AM

That was really good. I'm so hyped for this.
01-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Re: ANOTHER GODDAMN FUCKING AMAZING TRAILER
Old Shinobi Wrote:
Gun Animal Wrote:Anyone who says this game isn't CLASSIC Metal Gear is the world's biggest fucking moron. This game is more classic Metal Gear than Snake Eater or Guns of the Patriots were! Seriously, I'm fuck. I'M FUCK.

I'm not watching this, but

Gun Animal Wrote:CLASSIC Metal Gear

[Image: tumblr_mhgdr8QTS91r4alnuo1_400.gif]

No, no no no no no, nooooo noo, sooo wroooong, wroooooooong, wrong.

The stealth is actually more like Metal Gear 1 than any other game in the series. Rudimentary AI, pixel-thin line of sight, no crawl/crouch button. So yeah, it's CLASSIC Metal Gear. Tongue And when I say it's more "classic" than Snake Eater or GotP, I mean it relies on no-bullshit line-of-sight rather than a camo system that encourages worming through the whole damn game.

For the record, so far about half of the game's enemy encounters can be stealthed through, just watch the trailer; cardboard boxes, dirty magazines, security cameras, trip lasers, smoke grenades, chaf grenades, attacking enemies through walls, walking through VENTS AND AIR DUCTS, stealth kill after stealth kill. They've definitely made this game very stealth intensive and true to the Metal Gear name but it doesn't even matter I guess because you stubborn goddamn motherfuckers won't even watch the videos.

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM

I'm not watching it because I don't want to be further spoiled of the game mechanics in before.
01-31-2013, 03:44 PM

Alright dude, fair enough. But trust me, this game is a lot more like MG/MG2/MGS/MGS2 than MGS3/MGS4/MGSPW. It's a goddamn relief, honestly.

02-16-2013, 07:35 AM

platinum saw an opportunity to add stealth and added it i guess just for the purists. I was perfectly happy with it being a straight action game. i'd say most people were. Even though the stealth looks very simple, it was nice of platinum to include those elements.
02-18-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:Anyone who says this game isn't CLASSIC Metal Gear is the world's biggest fucking moron.

[Image: tumblr_lkbxc0_Kfnd1qjq4hro1_500.jpg]

[Image: IronManCivil.jpg]

I wish Mei Ling was real and would perch those sweet buns on my Richard. <---Funniest MG related Line EVER
02-18-2013, 09:49 AM

ya classic metal gear will be metal gear solid 5 the phantom pain
02-18-2013, 09:12 PM

This game is as far away from Metal Gear as you can get. The stealth elements are a nice touch, but only a dumbass would think that's all it takes.
02-18-2013, 10:29 PM

Time Keeper Wrote:This game is as far away from Metal Gear as you can get. The stealth elements are a nice touch, but only a dumbass would think that's all it takes.

Really? Man, I've only gotten like 2/3 of the way through Metal Gear 1 and like 1/4 of the way through MG2ConfusedS, but from what I've played of everything involved, Metal Gear Rising remind me A LOT of the original MSX2 games, and even more so of MGS1 and MGS2. If all the stealth elements aren't 'what it takes' then what is? Can you actually articulate it, or is it just a feeling? Maybe old age has gotten the better of you.

If it's stealth being a REQUIREMENT: stealth hasn't been a requirement on EASY difficulties since MGS2. On the other hand, many people have started playing MGR on it's hardest difficulty already (revengeance mode) and they report that because you can die in only a few hits, a large number of enemy encounters actually require stealth to live through them. Face it, even if it has a dumbed-down easy mode for the casuals: MGR is definitely a stealth game.

If it's pacifism/not being forced to kill enemies: MGR has a wooden sword. it also has CQC, apparently. there are even quite a few encounters where you can sneak around enemies entirely without taking any of them down. Shush.

If it's deep/complex narrative: Holy shit dude, I don't want to spoil the ending for you (I've watched a lets' play already) so I'll just say this: the game does explore a lot of interesting concepts not new to the Metal Gear series like the moral implications of enjoying violence in entertainment, but it's also the most overtly anti-US (government/military) game I've ever played, more-so than Sons of Liberty. True, you're not gonna get the same kind of post-modern audience shaming brilliance of MGS2, nor the pathos of MGS1 and MGS3, but the story is still more than I could have ever hoped for.

The whole thing is also one big Casshern tribute with a hint of Kamen Rider, and the bosses are basically half sentai and half TMNT (Saito (MGR's director) has a TMNT desktop background, holy shit) which is amazing.

Quote:[Image: tumblr_lkbxc0_Kfnd1qjq4hro1_500.jpg]
I'd say that people call anyone who disagrees with them about a videogame a troll, but that isn't even true. People only call people who are being positive about a new or upcoming game a troll. That's pretty sad, and shows how much appeal to tradition has suffocated this weird subculture of ours.

02-19-2013, 12:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)