A thought on Gray Fox
02-27-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: A thought on Gray Fox
For sure, it actually pisses me off that I'm missing story elements because I can't beat certain missions to get all the tapes because I had no one to co op like the last 1 or 2 hard missions.

It's kind of lacking in the boss battle department, it's all mechs. What bummed me out most about that shit the most is, I know it's called metal gear, but does every fucking game in the series have to have a new metal gear? It kind of takes away the punch of it being a secret weapon in MG1 when you find out everyone and they're fuckin' grandma already had a mech in the 70's.

"When I first played Metal Gear Solid I was but a boy. Then after watching Snake and Meryl ride off into the sunset I was [SIC] suddenly had six hungry mouths to feed and a pile of bills to pay. Metal Gear ruined my childhood."

[Image: foxhoundmg2.gif]
02-27-2014, 09:38 PM
There are a bunch of mechs in it? Like Metal Gear things? So I guess Ocelot selling Rex's specs on the black market and making everyone make a bunch of Metal Gears wasn't such a big deal after all.

"And now every state, group, and dotcom has its own version of Metal Gear."
"Uh, so what? Those things have been running around all over the place since the seventies you idiot. Some otaku mech nerd you are."
02-27-2014, 10:04 PM
Lol, and this is the main problem with these prequel games...
02-28-2014, 06:45 AM
(02-27-2014 09:38 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  There are a bunch of mechs in it? Like Metal Gear things?

Yeah, like metal gear type things. One looks like a go-bot and a shagohod hybrid

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
03-02-2014, 09:02 PM
(02-28-2014 06:45 AM)Punished Pastry Wrote:  
(02-27-2014 09:38 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  There are a bunch of mechs in it? Like Metal Gear things?

Yeah, like metal gear type things. One looks like a go-bot and a shagohod hybrid

Just think of it as, Big Boss is hunting wild metal gears. I won't say any more than that but if you're familiar with Monster Hunter or Shadow of the Colossus, you'd be on the right track.
03-03-2014, 08:04 PM
So Big Boss raises his cigar in the air and a beam of light tells him where the next mech is?
03-05-2014, 08:56 AM
(03-03-2014 08:04 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  So Big Boss raises his cigar in the air and a beam of light tells him where the next mech is?

So that explains the horn...

MEN BECOME MUFFINS
03-05-2014, 10:13 AM
(03-05-2014 08:56 AM)Punished Pastry Wrote:  
(03-03-2014 08:04 PM)DarthCaligula Wrote:  So Big Boss raises his cigar in the air and a beam of light tells him where the next mech is?

So that explains the horn...

Kojima will make Metal Gear like everything till they let him make something else that'll probably end up sucking
07-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Since every game deals with and/or takes direct inspiration from different events in history, maybe Phantom Pain is taking its cues from te Rwanda genocide and other such massacres, where it wasn't social class or economics or anything else that dictated who was being killed, but rather simply ethnicity.

Be interesting if we get to participate too...

Also, on that note, Hotel Rwanda was shit. Shake Hands with the Devil was much better, and I say that with not a single ounce of misplaced patriotism behind it (I've gotten over that bullshit). SHwtD was just so fucking good compared to HR, which mught as well have just been a pussy-version of that 24 movie set in the jungle. And that, of course, was just a pussy version of Tears of the Sun, which was based on a JTF-2 operation. Just saying.

Frank Jaeger will probably be disfigured through the course of the game, if he's in it. And since he eventually becomes Cyborb Ninja, he'll obviously already essentiallu be a ninja. This game will suck. Probably nowhere near as bad as MGS4 & the portable games, but people will still prefer Snake Eater.

Except me. Original MGS1 & MG2 all day, every day.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
07-20-2014, 08:09 PM
(07-20-2014 06:50 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  Since every game deals with and/or takes direct inspiration from different events in history, maybe Phantom Pain is taking its cues from te Rwanda genocide and other such massacres, where it wasn't social class or economics or anything else that dictated who was being killed, but rather simply ethnicity.

Be interesting if we get to participate too...

Also, on that note, Hotel Rwanda was shit. Shake Hands with the Devil was much better, and I say that with not a single ounce of misplaced patriotism behind it (I've gotten over that bullshit). SHwtD was just so fucking good compared to HR, which mught as well have just been a pussy-version of that 24 movie set in the jungle. And that, of course, was just a pussy version of Tears of the Sun, which was based on a JTF-2 operation. Just saying.

Frank Jaeger will probably be disfigured through the course of the game, if he's in it. And since he eventually becomes Cyborb Ninja, he'll obviously already essentiallu be a ninja. This game will suck. Probably nowhere near as bad as MGS4 & the portable games, but people will still prefer Snake Eater.

Except me. Original MGS1 & MG2 all day, every day.

So was Resident Evil 5 Hotel Rwanda or will MGSV be Hotel Rwanda? And who would be Tears of the Sun ?
07-21-2014, 02:48 AM
Just wanted to say the Mozambican civil war was around the time of the game. It was a diamond conflict and also had a shitload of child soldiers. I don't see why they wouldn't put him in

Benny Harvey, RIP
07-21-2014, 03:20 AM
Along with Solidus and Raiden, even though the date doesn't really make sense.

You all know they'd say "fuck it" and just toss them in for the sake of doing it. And since Raiden & Solidus both used swords in MGS2, they'll fight it out with Frank. Hell, Raiden will probably end up being the one who disfigured Frank.

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)