A comment on Ground Zeroes spoilers
03-08-2014, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 04:39 AM by Nike Schneider.)
A comment on Ground Zeroes spoilers
[Image: mjspoiler.jpg]

With retailers in the UAE breaking retail date, the potential of a leak and basically people being douchebags to people without access to an early copy, I feel that it is important for me to make it clear to our readers and forum users what our spoiler policy is.

Due to the broken retail date we unfortunately will have trouble posting news until I personally get a hold of a copy of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes as I, too, do not want to be spoiled. At the point where I will be able to post news I will also make sure to shield those who have not experienced Ground Zeroes. This will be done by marking any news story that involves spoilers to be marked with "SPOILER" or "MAJOR SPOILER."

However, as Ground Zeroes is a prologue and a short experience, I will only be following this policy for one month--meaning that we will go back to normal April 20th. Just in time for you to pack a bowl, give a roman salute and paint eggs or whatever the fuck you people do.

As for the forums, I do not want to hinder speech among those who manage to have early access to Ground Zeroes. I do however want to prevent fans who have not experienced the latest Metal Gear title from being spoiled. Our forums' rules covers spoilers: http://thesnakesoup.org/forums/Thread-NE...-SHIT-GUYS

To summarize:

Quote:A6) NO SPOILERS
Any spoilers made visible outside of the game's designated forum before four months after a game's release will be a violation of this rule. See RULE B11 for additional spoiler-related rules.

B11) SPOILERS ANONYMOUS
In addition to RULE A6, do not put spoilers in a thread title or description before four months after the game's release, even in the game's designated forum. "Spoilers" in this particular rule refers to anything that has not been officially released by Konami. In addition, any thread made that contains spoilers made before four months after the game's release should have the word "SPOILER" in all capital letters in the title.

YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR A YEAR IF YOU VIOLATE THESE RULES BEFORE APRIL 20TH. NO EXCUSES; WHEN IN DOUBT ASSUME ITS A SPOILER AND FOLLOW THESE RULES.

With that said, we can only control our news, not our forums. People may break our rules just to fuck with everyone and I apologize for this in advance. I do advise everyone worried about spoilers to limit their exposure to social media and other means in which they may be exposed to spoilers.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-08-2014, 03:38 PM
RE: A comment on Ground Zeroes spoilers
So....just for Ground Zeroes, everything will return to normal after one month? Or is the four-month timeframe still in effect? I think I'm misunderstanding something here; pardon me for that.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
03-08-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm pretty sure it means the old rules still apply, but that it's ammended to 1 month for GZ, given the game's brevity.

PSN ID: Radox_Redux

Feel free to add me, though I rarely play online games that aren't LittleBigPlanet.
03-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Right, but I don't want to take any chances. Hell I think that in order to play it safe I should be away from TSS for four months, because four months of walking on a very tight rope feels like a lot....at the moment, anyway.

[Image: dct_header_SIGN-300x67.jpg] [Image: ZazzleZodiacs.png]
"The only prayer I will say for you is this : Whatever hell awaits you, it won't be long before you see it."
COD:BO Official Website (with Community forums)
[Image: TwitterIcon.gif] [Image: FacebookIcon.gif] [Image: YouTubeIcon.gif]
03-08-2014, 05:18 PM
How about locking registration for a time?

It's a double edged sword I know. On one hand GZ could breathe new life into these forums while on the other hand locking them would limit the likelihood of first posts that read like: "HEY GUYZ IM NEW WASNT IT COOL HOW _____ HAPPENED AND _____ PUT A _____ IN THE ____!!????11"

Then again if these forums weren't unlocked in the first place I wouldn't even be here so, meh do as you will.
03-08-2014, 06:06 PM
I think I need some clarification. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to buy it, it looks pretty fun, so I might, but anyway for the example let's say I do. So let's say I buy it and on April 30 let's say (lololololol) I make a topic called (by the way, any "spoilers" I'm posting in this example are just stupid things I'm making up, so don't go thinking I'm actually posting spoilers) "SPOILERS Your favorite part of Ground Zeroes" Then my topic says:
"My favorite part of Ground Zeroes was when Big Boss kicks Justin Halley square in the nuts with his steel toe boots."
So would this be violating anything since I put the spoiler warning in the topic? Would we be able to discuss the game as long as we put spoiler warnings in the topic name?
03-08-2014, 06:20 PM
As I understand the rules that'd be fine as long as you mark the thread as containing spoilers.

I'm still new here but I figure the four month timer is when we can talk freely about it without fear of ruining it for anybody, because by four months post release date if you've not played the game and want to avoid spoilers WTF are you doing on a MGS forum?
03-08-2014, 08:40 PM
It's a good thing that you, like myself & pretty much every one else, do not wish to have the plot spoiled & are even taking precautions to shield us as well from spoilers.

Still, I feel it would be safe to stay away from the soup altogether until I've claimed my copy and completed it.
03-08-2014, 08:57 PM
AYE AYE CAPTAIN!
03-08-2014, 08:59 PM
This game can't even BE spoiled, we all already completely know what happens. You've all watched my chronological trailer edit, right? Is it ok if I post that again, when it might technically be spoilers?

Suzaku Wrote:Hah. As if you'd enjoy a new Metal Gear game in the first place, you bitchy, impossible-to-please coprophiliac, you.
Pocket Abortions' Quality Blog for Children
03-09-2014, 01:32 AM
...We all will know the difference between the Walkthroughs on YT by channels that have contracts with KONAMI as those channels won't start posting their vids until the weekend before launch week and the morons who got the game early in the UAE will start uploading vids from that region as soon as possible.

But yeah I agree that their should be a Metal Gear Solid V GZ Spoiler discussion thread started and that every other MGSV GZ discussion thread should be temp locked until 12:00 am 3.18.2014.
03-09-2014, 04:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 04:40 AM by Nike Schneider.)
To clear up the confusion:

We will be enforcing our spoiler policy for Ground Zeroes until April 20, 2014. This is because Ground Zeroes is short as fuck and we already know most of the plot so there are only a few things people need to catch up on, and a month is a good amount of time.

Spoilers are anything not officially released by Konami up to now.

For those of you scared of the one-year ban for spoilers--to guarantee you will not be banned for a year, simply post anything Ground Zeroes related in a thread labeled [SPOILERS] or create a new thread with a [SPOILER] tag with it. You will never be punished for labeling a non-spoiler as a SPOILER so this is the most effective way of complying with our spoiler policy if you are doubtful of wither or not you are posting a spoiler.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
03-14-2014, 08:46 PM
I made a topic discussing the soundtrack and it had no premise to the story so I am guessing that it is okay right? I just mentioned the name of a couple of songs in the soundtrack, but there are just remakes of past songs
03-15-2014, 10:50 AM
(03-14-2014 08:46 PM)Snake_Plissken Wrote:  I made a topic discussing the soundtrack and it had no premise to the story so I am guessing that it is okay right? I just mentioned the name of a couple of songs in the soundtrack, but there are just remakes of past songs
You monster... Now I know what songs are in the game! Fucking spoiler tag that shit!

---
Broken bones require different treatment than an infection does
---
PSN ID: DeadByDagger
Gamertag: xDeadByDaggerx
03-15-2014, 03:03 PM
(03-14-2014 08:46 PM)Snake_Plissken Wrote:  I made a topic discussing the soundtrack and it had no premise to the story so I am guessing that it is okay right? I just mentioned the name of a couple of songs in the soundtrack, but there are just remakes of past songs

Yeah it's fine as long as there are not song titles like "Father and Son" in MGS4 that gives shit away.

When it doubt just label your thread as a spoiler thread.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)