A Submarine? A Hind-D? A Level Editor...? Hrrrmmmm...
05-20-2016, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2016 03:50 PM by jdnation.)
A Submarine? A Hind-D? A Level Editor...? Hrrrmmmm...
We know from interviews with Kojima awhile back that one of his ambitious ideas for MGSV was to include a level editor for user-generated content to populate his open world. There was also some speculation as to opening FOX Engine up for licensing in Japan...

Sadly that never came to fruition and never will. But there are some leftover things that make sense in context.

- A sparse open world that might've been useful if fans put their own missions on the map.

- The opening/closing credits sequences where Kojima and co's names could have possibly been replaced with yours if you made an published a mission.

- The repetitive nature of the game's mission structure might've also been approached from the point of view where Kojima wanted to have the tools be there so people could design stuff to the same extent that he and his staff could create levels - by this I mean in the same vein as Media Molecule does with LittleBigPlanet - the developer's own levels were all created using the same tools available to the users.

Anyway, it seems someone might've uncovered some evidence that MGSV contains leftover data from this unaccomplished idea. Though an update notes that the tools are more likely strictly just for developer use considering it would need a more powerful spec to create content than simply running the game.

[Image: OP2xuTh.png]

http://mgsforums.com/single/?p=9853806&t=7793643

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1221970
05-22-2016, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2016 03:21 PM by John Doom.)
RE: A Submarine? A Hind-D? A Level Editor...? Hrrrmmmm...
He has now updated his post with more editor-related scripts. But you know, I myself program videogames and mods, and I'll tell you that making a level editor is essential, especially for open-world videogames, because it makes it way easier to make changes, particularly for designers (who can't understand code).
So yes, they surely used a level editor, but I don't think it wasn't necessarily intended to be used by anyone outside KP.
05-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Holy fuck, Mr. big-shot game developer! What titles of yours do I fucking own!?

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck
05-22-2016, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2016 01:28 AM by John Doom.)
You bought Twistedline when it was released back in the future Wink Big Grin

EDIT: Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to impress anyone, just showing you why you could trust my judgment on this subject.
05-28-2016, 06:03 AM
Well I personally oversaw the development of the original Star Wars films, so you know you can trust me when it comes to films about wars in the stars! The proof is the films!

As for Little Big Metal Gear, that cock-sucker though he could charge me $60 to make my own goddamned game!? That tinted fuck! Granted I'd have made a Metal Gear sweeter than honey, but to hell with work.

Also, speculation isn't news. Fuck off, you evil Peter Parker sunnova bitch!

CANUCKLEHEAD
He's just a prick

I just saved 100% on stress by switching to Not Giving A Fuck

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)