11-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Ten years ago today, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was released in North America. For those of you who don't know, while I thought Metal Gear Solid was cool, it was not until Sons of Liberty that I actually became a fan of the series. Without Sons of Liberty, there probably would not have been The Snake Soup.

With that said I planned on releasing a video I've been slowly working on titled The Reality of Metal Gear Solid 2 today but it's not finished. It should be finished by the 29th which is the 10th anniversary of Sons of Liberty in Japan. So that's not too bad, right?

We will probably have an early premiere of it through our chatroom sometime during the week of the 27th. We'll let you know here as well as Facebook and Twitter when that will be.

EDIT: If you want to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Sons of Liberty today, why not check out Metal Gear Solid 2: The Unofficial Site?

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
11-13-2011, 07:44 PM

Oh fuck yeah, I'm pumped as shit.

Punished John Wrote:
PUNISHED RONOK
Does not exist
11-13-2011, 07:55 PM

Excellent, I am really excited about this.
11-13-2011, 09:48 PM

I'm excited to see it, but in all seriousness what is it about? Watermelon Slicing Simulators?

Also, blah @ linking to TUS. I get there and automatically my face is assaulted with mystery meat navigation, and poor design choices.
11-14-2011, 01:20 PM

Now I remember! 2 years ago was the day we met!
11-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Re: 29.11.11
Ravi Singh Wrote:EDIT: If you want to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Sons of Liberty today, why not check out Metal Gear Solid 2: The Unofficial Site?
Makes sense. This is what KPN and TUS were anyway.

Cool Stuff I Worked On:
Seeing Things For What They Are - Raiden & Rose Analysis
MYTH: Hideo Kojima said that Portable Ops and Metal Gear Rising are canonical
Metal Gear Solid V: Parasitic Legacy
11-16-2011, 10:43 AM

Gotta bust out my old MGS2 shirt and game like it's 2001 again. Looking forward to your video, Ravi.
11-17-2011, 04:23 AM

I'm looking forward to this as well. I don't believe many other people are doing this. Especially being the 10th anniversary and all.

PSN: The Vitamin D
Xbox Live: The Vitamin D
Wii: 3815 2993 5568 0289
NNID: VitaminD82
Twitter: twitter.com/vitamind82

I've been called:
The Philosopher of Humor, An Internet Warrior, Sincere, GENIUS!, love muffin!, An Evil Pumpkin, SMOOTH!, a sweety, all heart, their hero, the coolest guy on The Soup

2009 Winner:
Best Male Poster
Poster Ravi Would Most Likely Fuck

Marvalo Wrote:i am not sure what this thread is about, but vitamin d wins
Douchey Wrote:Fuck you all, I'm excited for FFXIV.
Julia Wrote:Vit D..you are the Pimp Daddy of the Soup!
Alex =) Wrote:Who doesn't touch themselves while talking to Vitamin D?
Ravi Singh Wrote:You're so fucking dumb I'm going to ban you.
Julia Wrote:I love my Vitamin D!
GjpD88 Wrote:What a fucking great read!
11-18-2011, 08:51 AM

Vitamin D Wrote:I'm looking forward to this as well. I don't believe many other people are doing this. Especially being the 10th anniversary and all.

Not everyone has the dedication that Ravi and other MGS fans have. Or resources. or intelligence.

[Image: banner_big.jpg]
真剣に、あなたは本当にこれを変換するその自由な時間がã​‚りますか?上に来る...

deviantART | *ARTFLAKES | PSN ID | Beat' Em Up Channel | @KINGodfather
Ravi Singh Wrote:I don't think we ever got to arguing about Guns of the Patriots being art or not. We're still at "does it suck or not?"
11-20-2011, 11:34 PM

So, what is this going to be like? Comparison shots of NY in-game and real-life? Will it be narrated? Will it go into technologies that weren't fully developed by the game's release that now are, proving that Kojima makes good guesses about the future? I'm pretty interested regardless... Just hard to tell based on the trailer.
11-21-2011, 04:41 PM

Spoilers dude, spoilers.

[Image: banner_big.jpg]
真剣に、あなたは本当にこれを変換するその自由な時間がã​‚りますか?上に来る...

deviantART | *ARTFLAKES | PSN ID | Beat' Em Up Channel | @KINGodfather
Ravi Singh Wrote:I don't think we ever got to arguing about Guns of the Patriots being art or not. We're still at "does it suck or not?"
11-22-2011, 02:19 PM

See that was the teaser trailer. Hopefully we'll get an actual trailer.

I speak English, Japanese, and Spanish... I still have no fucking clue what you just said.
11-22-2011, 04:23 PM

Nope.

But we now have a time for the screening though.

(05-22-2016 02:42 PM)Canucklehead Wrote:  The actual hero of Metal Gear is the player for putting up with all of its bullshit over the years.
11-24-2011, 11:43 AM
ANY CHANCE
Any chance of releasing the video sometime before the 29th/ is jsut too much wait for both news, it would be nice to watch your video a day before the news brake out, the 28th, to be prepared for a possible underwhelming news from kojima.

in other words you are torturing us just as kojima.
11-24-2011, 02:24 PM

For the sake of keeping the whole "Tenth Anniversary of Sons of Liberty" theme, no.

Don't expect much from that Kojima interview. I mean, maybe the details about the ogre project will be interesting. The real big news will be at the VGAs.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)